Difference between nodes and miners

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
parishy

Difference between nodes and miners

Post by parishy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:44 am

Hi, I've read a lot of article online and I don't find any answers. Some articles say a node is someone who stock the blockchain and verify all the transactions and others say a node = miner. I feel like no one really knows.
so is anyone here with exact answer for Difference between nodes and miners
CSZiggy

Re: Difference between nodes and miners

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:23 am

Nodes and what they are: http://bfy.tw/Iqj0
Rundgau

Re: Difference between nodes and miners

Post by Rundgau » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:29 am

To be honest, I dislike people who use this «Let me Google for you» tools. Well, never mind. So, you asked about nodes and miners. Let’s begin with the last ones. Miners are people who have equipment and produce coins by spending energy of their devices on solving mathematical problems. It’s clear – anybody can become a miner after starting mining Bitcoin (or any other currency). About nodes, you can read in the article provided by CSZiggy. In a few words, nodes in Bitcoin network usually considered as computers that store a full copy of the entire blockchain. From this point, miners may get a node on their PC but that’s not necessary. The difference is obvious now, I guess.