Do Titans have reliability issues?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GenTarkin

Re: Do Titans have reliability issues?

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:26 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I think this is a great idea. The only issue I can see with it is how enough profit can be made for us to justify the opportunity cost of writing the code necessary to support firmware downloads. If exclusivity isn't involved, then people could just buy the firmware elsewhere and point it here anyway.

Do you have any idea what proportion of miners use Titans? We can't obtain that information from any logs, although it may be possible to run a query to estimate based on hashrate, if you know the hashrate they should be providing.

What about having an account option setting where they can check an option to gain access to the titan firmware, in doing so would incurr a higher mining fee which would go to myself maybe? or something like that.
They could then specify which workers on their account are actual titans and have the fee applied to those workers?
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I think this is a great idea. The only issue I can see with it is how enough profit can be made for us to justify the opportunity cost of writing the code necessary to support firmware downloads. If exclusivity isn't involved, then people could just buy the firmware elsewhere and point it here anyway.

Do you have any idea what proportion of miners use Titans? We can't obtain that information from any logs, although it may be possible to run a query to estimate based on hashrate, if you know the hashrate they should be providing.

Also, if they already bought the firmware from my site then they wouldnt have to enable the titan firmware mining on the pool. There is going to be only one place to obtain my future releases. (unless I code up a release for this pool to distribute.)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:15 am

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.

I like the idea, but I still think that you might have missed the question. Do you have an estimate on what proportion of scrypt miners use Titans? I'm sure you can understand that there is a big difference in this potential deal if 50% of miners use Titans compared to, say, 1%.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:12 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.

I like the idea, but I still think that you might have missed the question. Do you have an estimate on what proportion of scrypt miners use Titans? I'm sure you can understand that there is a big difference in this potential deal if 50% of miners use Titans compared to, say, 1%.

oh I got ya, well no way to tell that I know of =(
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:25 pm

Titans are so finicky with Scrypt pools. I can't currently use prohashing because everytime I do I come back later and the website has switched coins and says I am not hashing any longer while my Titan firmware 2.00 shows that I am hashing (but I am not because the temps are low) and the Titans are basically hung up.

Perhaps the # of Titans out there is lower than the number of Gridseeds but I would have to expect that the % of total scrypt power is high with Titans. Maybe 5% -?

Anyway, whatever pool can give Titan owners the best return will attract a lot of Titan hashing power. Because the stable pool options for Titan use currently seem very limited.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:37 pm

I have multiple Titan controllers & cubes and do not experience the same issues as you at Prohashing with any of them. Upgrade to the Gentarkin firmware and protect your investment.
http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/