L3 ++

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
nukepower

L3 ++

Post by nukepower » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 pm

anyone know for sure what the L3 ++ stats are, all bit main is saying is a little better then the L3 +, i may get one the same day i ordered a L3 + the L3 + went off sell all most right after i ordered it and my L3 + has shipped yet and should have by now . if what others have said about the batch i ordered from is right i might get one of the L3 ++ instead of a L3 + . .
alim

Re: L3 ++

Post by alim » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:34 pm

Hmm... Interesting question. I have an L3+ arriving ($462 less a $250 discount, then shipping $205, import duties 20%)...

L3++ are on at $630 and you can use a $100 coupon against it. The L3+ is not on my list.

Both state 504, so you are betting that when you raise the frequency, that you can raise it higher without losing chips. I can't go above 500 on mine.

Sidebar:
On ebay, the L3+ goes for £500 plus - some are listed up to £900 and more. Bitmain do not have any authorised distributors according to their site and the warranty is void on resale.

The latest wheeze seems to be that the price includes customs duties as part of the shipping service - THEN the advert states specifically that they are not included - thus providing an extra 20% markup for those that get the urge to "Buy It Now". I am not sure what the situation on the warranty is as this is a pay up front, then the 3rd party orders according to the price they need to pay (less any coupons/discounts they can apply)..
nukepower

Post by nukepower » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm

alim wrote:Hmm... Interesting question. I have an L3+ arriving ($462 less a $250 discount, then shipping $205, import duties 20%)...

L3++ are on at $630 and you can use a $100 coupon against it. The L3+ is not on my list.

Both state 504, so you are betting that when you raise the frequency, that you can raise it higher without losing chips. I can't go above 500 on mine.

Sidebar:
On ebay, the L3+ goes for £500 plus - some are listed up to £900 and more. Bitmain do not have any authorised distributors according to their site and the warranty is void on resale.

The latest wheeze seems to be that the price includes customs duties as part of the shipping service - THEN the advert states specifically that they are not included - thus providing an extra 20% markup for those that get the urge to "Buy It Now". I am not sure what the situation on the warranty is as this is a pay up front, then the 3rd party orders according to the price they need to pay (less any coupons/discounts they can apply)..
my L3 + that hasn't shipped cost me 388 shipped after using a 220 coupon, were do you live ? .... I'm guessing the 20 % is vat tax ? so not in the US ? . ... I'm in the US . i think I paid it all with shipping or i hope i did. ordering direct at least in the past it's all covered unless i used FedEx , which i don't use FedEx if i can help it .
an i ordered another last month for 1789 or ordered before the big price drop for April's batches that shipped in the middle of the month and had to wait a month while the price dropped, it kind of pissed me off,I was screwed kind of, the L3 + i have now i can over clock to 600 MH with no issue but i don't because it does close to 1000 some thing in power usage unless i use custom firmware i don't like using .so I leave it hashing at 524 to 540 mh @ 800 or less WATS at the wall with no issue.
alim

Post by alim » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:55 am

You have a good one, I start popping chips at 500 on my 1st L3 - the 2nd one just arrived. And the power supply is delayed...

Even in the USA, you would have paid customs/import duties, so I'm assuming your $388 was $204 + the duty. We have to pay that part on arrival.

I have $850 in coupons so I'm debating whether to use, sell on ebay or give away. I'm thinking about investing in the X3 but need to find a pool that will mine more than one coin in case they change the algo as XMR did.