Verge bucking the trend

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
EyePeaSea

Verge bucking the trend

Post by EyePeaSea » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:30 pm

The crypto markets are obviously most sensitive to what happens to BTC and generally the markets react badly to bad news (just like the stock market).

But the Verge block chain is compromised for a while and some people (I don't know enough detail to form an opinion one way or the other) seem less than impressed by the reaction of the Devs. And yet, Verge has actually gained 20% in value since the hack. I assume it's to do with the upcoming announcement on the 17th but even so, until that announcement materialises (more to the point, until the "big-partner" is named publicly) then nothing is certain. I find it amazing that people are putting lots of money into Verge, after all the bad news and just on a 'promise' of something big happening.

Am I the only one so cynical that I expect the announcement on the 17th to turn out to be less than tangible, but in the meantime, big holders of Verge will have made lots of money selling before the 17th?
CritterDog

Re: Verge bucking the trend

Post by CritterDog » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Is the Verge core wallet safe to deposit into from here? I have this big warning about withdraw at your own risk?