How does PH payout in so many different coins?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
EyePeaSea

How does PH payout in so many different coins?

Post by EyePeaSea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 am

Does PH act as some sort of mini-exchange, when it comes to payouts? They can payout in coin X from any of those coins that have been mined here, but the coins mined won't perfectly match up with payout coins requested, so do they then exchange some coins (e.g. on Poloniex) for the required coins they need for payouts?

In which case, following other peoples requests for Ripple (e.g. Re: Which are the top 10 Crypto Currency in World to Invest before 2018), I would think that payout in Ripple should be quite a simple change as there's nothing to do coding wise on PH because it can't be mined.

Obviously I can take my own coins paid by PH and then exchange them myself, but I'll then get hit for two more transaction charges plus the exchange charge/spread.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: How does PH payout in so many different coins?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:41 am

EyePeaSea wrote:Does PH act as some sort of mini-exchange, when it comes to payouts? They can payout in coin X from any of those coins that have been mined here, but the coins mined won't perfectly match up with payout coins requested, so do they then exchange some coins (e.g. on Poloniex) for the required coins they need for payouts?

In which case, following other peoples requests for Ripple (e.g. Re: Which are the top 10 Crypto Currency in World to Invest before 2018), I would think that payout in Ripple should be quite a simple change as there's nothing to do coding wise on PH because it can't be mined.

Obviously I can take my own coins paid by PH and then exchange them myself, but I'll then get hit for two more transaction charges plus the exchange charge/spread.
The problem with Ripple is a lack of manpower to implement the API, since it does not conform with the bitcoin API. Don't worry, we've gotten this request a lot, and Chris plans to work on it once we've gotten a better handle on the current bugs reported by JiveTonto.
EyePeaSea

Re: How does PH payout in so many different coins?

Post by EyePeaSea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 am

Hi Steve,

That's great news, thanks. Yourself and Chris (and the others behind the scenes) are the only group that I feel comfortable dealing with (mainly because you are so visible on the forums and open about things) - so I'd really like do as much here as possible.

Thanks again and hope that 2018 is great for you guys and all the miners. :)