Novaexchange

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Camey

Novaexchange

Post by Camey » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:57 am

Hi All, random request, but does anyone still have coins on Novaexchange (BTC; LTC; or ETH) that they willing to sell to me as I cannot transfer anything into my account anymore? Also could you provide suggestions as the safest way to go about doing this transaction?
AppleMiner

Re: Novaexchange

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Nova is basically shut down, nothing new can get in and by this time a lot have taken all they have out of it.

There will be some folks with a BTC sitting there waiting for the fire sale come january and flip it for a ton.
But thats risking a BTC you may never see.

I got my stuff out of there before the end of Nov. Shutdown deadline.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 am

AppleMiner wrote:Nova is basically shut down, nothing new can get in and by this time a lot have taken all they have out of it.

There will be some folks with a BTC sitting there waiting for the fire sale come january and flip it for a ton.
But thats risking a BTC you may never see.

I got my stuff out of there before the end of Nov. Shutdown deadline.
what is a "fire sale"?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:59 am

A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices, typically when the seller faces bankruptcy. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. A fire sale may or may not be a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory. Fire sales are said to occur in the financial markets when bidders who value assets highly are prevented from bidding on them, depressing the average selling price below what it otherwise would be. This lowering of the price can cause even further issues because it may be inaccurately perceived as signaling negative information.[1] -Wiki