Antminer D3 keep or sell?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bluethundr

Antminer D3 keep or sell?

Post by bluethundr » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Hey guys,

I have a new Antminer D3 arriving weds (12/13) should be the 19.3 GH/s batch.

I was planning on using it with prohashing.com and maybe multipool.us. But profitability is so down from Bitmain flooding the markets with D3s I don't know if it'll be worth it.

I think they're making about $5 a day now and I pay about .14c KW/h. That's only mining DASH tho and not using a multipool.

Also I hear that Innosilicoon is going to release their 30 GH/s units soon. That'll make the difficulty go up even further.

What would you do in my place? Would you keep it and try to make a go of it on prohashing.com? Or would you just try to sell it immediately on Ebay?
DeterMINEd

Re: Antminer D3 keep or sell?

Post by DeterMINEd » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Definitely sell. The price of Dash tripled and still the payout was a joke
bluethundr

Post by bluethundr » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:38 pm

So not even using prohasing as your pool was a help?
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:52 pm

According to the stats it'll be around $9 a day, plus or minus a dollar. For how long, who knows. So that's up to you to figure out if its worth it or not.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

If you are able to actually run it at the full 19.
I had to turn all mine back to 16 or they get massive HW and xxxxx out hashboards after a few hours and need constant resets.
Also the temps at the 17/19GH settings were crazy, turning them back down to 15/16 made such a noticable difference.
gpopprohashing

Post by gpopprohashing » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:51 pm

I got a november batch and runs pretty stable @531M, granted temps are in the 70's... do get quite a few HW but not really bad, switching between speeds until getting a more stable instance but never went below 519M