Testing the water before an Antminer L3+

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
EyePeaSea

Testing the water before an Antminer L3+

Post by EyePeaSea » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:56 am

I'm thinking about buying some L3+ units. I'd rather have a simple process (even if that's not the most cost effective route).

My understanding is one approach (I appreciate there are many):

L3+ - connects to Prohashing.
Prohashing transfers to my Coinbase account in BTC.
Coinbase can then transfer to my UK bank account (in Euros).

Prohashing takes a 4.99% cut of the work completed and Coinbase take a 1% commission for transfers. My bank will then convert the EUR to GPB (taking their own slice at the same time).

This is the goal for me - to extract value, rather than accumulate Litecoins.

But I'd like to test out the process; even if it's not efficient in terms of ROI. I want to try the entire process from end-to-end, before I invest in 3 or 4 L3+s.

To that end, I was going to put together a far slower machine (2 or 3 GPUs). Wait (a while...) until I reach the Prohashing threshold and then test out the Prohashing > Coinbase > UK Bank process.

Assuming that I haven't completely got it wrong, what Software would you recommend that will work well with ProHashing.Com for LiteCoins on either Windows or Linux?

E.g. Litecoin GUI Miner, Litecoint Miner (different from the first one?), AwesomeMiner

Thanks in advance

Ian
AppleMiner

Re: Testing the water before an Antminer L3+

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 pm

I would instead, recommend you take payment in LTCs, put the coinbase wallet in for your payment wallet, and just log into coinbase and manually sell the stored LTCs into your bank account anytime you want to. There have been issues with the automated process and Chris was going to examine if they could instead switch to doing autopays to coinbase via LTCs.

I think the HELP pages talk about what type of software GPU miners need, but there was also a minimum difficulty setting put in, so if you are under that value you may get kicked from the pool in favor of another miner who can output more hashrates.
EyePeaSea

Post by EyePeaSea » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for the reply - really helpful. I couldn't create a Prohashing account as the number of accounts is max'd at the moment, but I'll keep trying.

Thanks again

Ian
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Registrations may open up here in a few weeks, check back.
EyePeaSea

Post by EyePeaSea » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:00 am

Thanks - I'll try again in a week or to.