Miner Setup Pics.

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Miner Setup Pics.

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:22 am

Just as an idea thought it might be nice to post up some pics of the setup for people to see how we are each configured.
I know some people just pay for a hosting service, but for those that have 1, 2 machines near a window, or down in the basement,maybe post up a picture with your setup and a brief description.

Only rules are...PLEASE PLEASE disable the GEO tags on the pictures. No one needs to know where you have miners running at.
If in doubt, when you right click the picture and look at the details, does it give GPS co-ordinates?
Open a picture editor, copy the whole picture, make a new picture, paste the contents in and then save that new picture.
If you aren't sure or don't feel safe, no one is forcing you to, but again, please be careful.
I don't want to see anyone's hobby/livelihood messed up over a simple snapshot of their setup, not worth it.

I ran 220 to a cut out board with socket wells and 220 sockets, let me double up the amps to get more miners in.
These pics show the rack with 21 miners going. Temp on the cool side remains under 60'F, the hotside is tarped off and has 3 vents to the outside for the heat to escape, and that remains at a constant 90' during the day, drops down to 80' so far at night.
ZiGen

Re: Miner Setup Pics.

Post by ZiGen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:26 am

Very nice setup, Apple ... Are they all L3+ ? ...What type of dwelling - house, basement, garage ...? 21 x 850W is like ~20KW, almost 90-100A power ... wow, not bad for a home mining ... ;) Congratulations, GOOD job, buddy !
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:15 am

Yeah I had a 200 amp service run in and split off.

I ran 150 amps over to 5 circuits=30 amps per. on 220v, the L3+s use 3.7 amps for each one. So I blocked off 1 plug from each circuit leaving 5 plugs on a circuit at 3.7 = 18.5 / 30. I could use a 6th plug but had originally designed the layout to run 4 L3+s and 1 D3 on each circuit and maintain the 80% max capacity I like to have on my electric lines for extended use. Also, funny thing, on 220v, not a single L3+ and most are now overclocked use over 750 watts of power. Not sure why but the 220v seems much better at running the miners more effeciently, at least with the antminer power 110/220v powers apw3 and apw5s I got.
crika1

Post by crika1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:06 am

Hi guys i only have one l3 atm and 2 more coming :) still a newbie :) will upload photo tomorrow
What setting is everyone using in regards to the overclocking of the l3, as in whats the safest setting for the overclock? Cheers
NimfasCorp

Post by NimfasCorp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:54 pm

Really Nice!! Congrats bro! Here is mine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36Ay7 ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36Ay7 ... sp=sharing

About 5 GHS Ethash with rigs, 210 GHS on X11(D3s), 3,5 GHS Scrypt (L3+s)
Last edited by NimfasCorp on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Damn Nimfas, how much money did you spent on all these GPUs ? ...Very nice...
NimfasCorp

Post by NimfasCorp » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Thats 240 pieces of Nvidia 1070 :) You can count it... I'm just planning to buy more 20 pieces of L3+ and 30 pieces of S9s.
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:39 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ycvZS ... lkQoZGFGXI

I started mining Siacoin 2 months ago, and convinced my father to buy the L3+. My buddy got the bug too and after reading up, built the 2 rigs. One rig is 7 1060's and the other is 7 1070s.

Looking to get more L3 and who knows, maybe build more rigs for Eth/Z. Eventually want to migrate these to a garage or basements.

Appreciate the community here with the fellas that have been doing this much longer.

Tom
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Tom, I would recommend plugging in all the PCI-E connectors from the power to that L3+.
One of the biggest issues of the KNC titans was that they only had 1 plug and carried too much voltage over just 1 line to power them.

I was really happy to see Antminer had enough plugs to distribute the power across so the lines coming in werent overloading and burning out.
Using just 1 plug it has to draw all the power through only 1, but using both allows each to run at half capacity and will keep them cooler and safer.
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Thank you Appleminer, it did not occur to me whatsoever to do that. Obviuously the mining community is growing larger everyday, so I appreciate folks helping out newbies. I'm in this for money, but more long haul. Like Sia, I like their concept, so I support it and when I can, I want to offer HD space. Might not plan retitement on that coin :), but I like the options and choices it gives folks.
Tom