soloing bitconnect coin with prohashing

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
fattygrub

soloing bitconnect coin with prohashing

Post by fattygrub » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:44 pm

recently a member mentioned in chat that he/she thought that prohashing solomining for bcc "was not working" properly.

i have not tried mining bcc solo yet, although i would like too.

my thought is that prohashing's bcc coin node/daemon/software/whatever is the same for the pool as it is for soloing...so if it is working for the pool (and it is .. we all see ourselves catching at least one block daily) then soloing should be ok too.

is anyone currently successfully soloing bitconnect coin with prohashing or not?

... c=Bitconnectcoin
gnode

Re: soloing bitconnect coin with prohashing

Post by gnode » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:25 pm

using just c=bitconnectcoin is not really soloing the coin. you are mining with pps and will get paid out in whatever coin you selected, so if your payout is litecoin you will not see any increase in your bitconnectcoin value.

to solo mine you need "c=bitconnectcoin m=solo" note you must use the quotes in the password field or the m=solo will be ignored.

the problem is that bitconnectcoin difficulty is way high so it is hard to solve a block without huge hash power

also when solo mining you are competing with the prohash pool. It is difficult to beat 700 GH/s. To have a chance at solving a block you need to have more hash power than the prohash pool uses on the coin you are solo mining. So if you have 250 MH/s you need to solo mine coins with difficulties lower than 10 or so to get any blocks.
fattygrub

Post by fattygrub » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:26 pm

thanks!

already knew the "m=solo" detail and the difficulty "problem".

question is:

is prohashing "c=bitconnectcoin m=solo" working or not?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 am

bcc is working in pps right now so the daemon is up and running. i dont see why solo wouldn't work as long as the daemon is running fine.
fattygrub

Post by fattygrub » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 pm

gnode wrote:

"to solo mine you need "c=bitconnectcoin m=solo" note you must use the quotes in the password field or the m=solo will be ignored."

i cannot find this referenced anywhere else.

no other password arguments i have use require the quotes. so then, this doesn't make sense.

can anyone, including gnode, verify or clarify the "you must use the quotes" idea?

thanks.
vhmanu

Post by vhmanu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 am

fattygrub wrote:gnode wrote:

"to solo mine you need "c=bitconnectcoin m=solo" note you must use the quotes in the password field or the m=solo will be ignored."

no other password arguments i have use require the quotes. so then, this doesn't make sense.

can anyone, including gnode, verify or clarify the "you must use the quotes" idea?

thanks.
it works without the quotes. you probably need to use c=BitConnectcoin m=solo .BitConnectcoin with 2 capital letters
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 am

fattygrub wrote:gnode wrote:

thanks.
If you need to use quotes, that is to indicate on the command line of the operating system that the "-p" argument contains the entire string, including the space in between the two words.

Quotes are unwelcome if you provide them as the actual password to the mining server, so they should only be used to get around the mining software's limitations in allowing spaces, if necessary.