Mining adventure progress for lilbob

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
lilbob

Mining adventure progress for lilbob

Post by lilbob » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:18 pm

Greetings all,
I thought i would try to keep a small update log for me and my experiences, perhaps being benificial for myself and those that follow. At first i plugged in my Gpu, as i was curious about the changes since 2014. I plugged in my 380CUII and lo and behold i found myslef making a few cents via prohash.
Approx 575kh/s. 2 threads.
This gave me motivation, and so i ordered 5 gridseed orbs from eby at 10 bucks a pop, but with 65 bucks shipping here to (redacted). So about 120 usd investement., but i gained a steady 377kh/s on each peice thanks to someones hard work on cgminer3.2.7 gridseed special build.
I am now at approx 2.2 mh/s.
As I begun watching the results, and due to the versatility of Prohash, i decided, invested, and managed to get my hands on an old Glade 2x box. For about 150 USD from ali ex (20 dollar bank transfer etc exchange rate excluded). I have now tested this on prohash and am very happy. Soo 1 week later, i look at everywhere on the web for another gblade, and sure enough last saturday there was some one selling 40 gblades for 80 usd each on Aliexs, so i now have another on its way, and i swear to myself this is at least 1 dollar + per day, i dont need to build more comps for gpu's.
Asics, and especialy the old soon to replaced Asics are the way to get ahead if you are a small timer like me :)

edit: big miners are apparently making space for the new miners thay ordered... so they appear spontainously, is why you never find throught ggle
lilbob

Re: Mining adventure progress for lilbob

Post by lilbob » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:24 pm

this small investment should be producing aprox 14mh/s per day with no overheating worries. i have free power... asics are cold

Aps, i am at base a sociologist, my studies embodied the creation of new CERN, (i refuse marketing) how people interact and discuss issues. Crhis and steve, from the last five years of observation of different pools, chats , etc, have been the most consistent. Once my next two 4xGblades are working, perhaps i can help find blocks of a higher diff. I have a weird feeling that after june, things will be wild.

EDIT: big thnks to Gregory, for all his hashing help in streaming chat and posts

P.Ps Over here, they say in the mountains, the 'Totale est dans le delais'... if you wanna bring cows down from the mountain...
pilottage

Post by pilottage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm

I have 18 small 370 Kh/s Gridseeds they have been champions since 2014 The Fabulous Panda dot org dot uk pool days, where I was the front miner of the LTC pool @ 12 Mhash and they made 200 euros/week in April May and June 2014 before the LTC crash @ 1,99€/LTC from the 44 €/LTC when I srtarted on March 28 2014!
pilottage

Post by pilottage » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:16 pm

When I lost fab panda Pool access my pool soft on OSX didn't worked anymore and I had to wait early 2017 for Fab Panda to update its GITs.... Anyway I just dedust and replugged them @ Prohash and they are a charm both at 512k fixed diff .... but more when you find the exact right gridseed speed for each specific orb: 750 800 850 or 900 each behave differently.... then I use the Prohash Vardiff ( I do not set a D= diff) and I let prohash drive them.... it's terrific they are all driven to their max like these and for the first time I can read over 10 000 hashes in 3 days for each of them.... it's a pleasure to work here... and they can reach a dollar a day ;)
lilbob

Post by lilbob » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:21 pm

O man, found a cgminer 3.7.2 designed specifacaly for orb hotplug. It comes with conf, just put in the pool. there are the drivers etc, but basicaly you start this cgminer, it will wait for device, i plug in each, each are found, and they 377kh steady.

Edit: also as i track the various sites to hopefuly get another good deal, i notice that the amount of older machines for sale strangely equalizes the amount/value of the new machines. ex: 1x 25mh machiine equals 5 gridblade sales. so when i find one, i know someone bought a new one, if that makes sense
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:20 pm

if you find a good deal on a gridseed scrypt 5-6mh's unit let me know. they just sold out on ali