Group order? New asics on the horizon?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bajula

Re: Group order? New asics on the horizon?

Post by bajula » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:35 am

I dug it up, I'm gonna see if it runs and stuff first. No offense, but if it turns out to be rockin' I might just mine with it a little while because we are having a freakishly cool summer, but hey, might run it for an hour and go damn it's hot in here... Then the TRUE difficulty.. gotta talk to the wife. :) I am NOT going to bring it up to her while she is working the back to back massive hours though.. trust me that is better for BOTH of us. Hehe. Dunno if you can do anything with it but I also have a raspberry pi that is kaput for my purposes. lightning hit the phone lines and blew everything connected via ethernet cable.. sadly my laptop was connected by wire so the nic card in it is dead.. lost my router and a couple of other fun doo-dads, but the antminers, gridseedblack and baikal mini just shrugged it off.. really was worried about the baikal though - an s3 that will come on but doesn't seem to recognize the hashingboards anymore (problem was pre-lightning) but if there are parts on any of that stuff you want give me a shout.. well I'm not including the currently running miners mind you.. (I.e. all the stuff listed just prior to "shrugged it off") Time to dig me up a powersupply, and test the little monster.. I'll keep in mind though that you only need the hashing boards since it is only the rest of the junk the wife will need.
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 am

During my next maintenance window I am going to take down the one that is of the exact same gen as the one with the dead boards... I have two different generations but the look identical from the outside... does yours have blue led's that are on ALL the time as oon as there is power on ALL the boards? or is it the one where the only blue light is on the controller and it only emits lite when plugged in via usb?

I wonder if these things are basically just serial devices and that those controllers are just some kind of serial multiplexor. I wonder if one of these could be ran with a modern UART2usb individually?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 am

its worth a try.. uart is uart
bajula

Post by bajula » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Never did plug it in to run it, been kinda... overly busy with regular world stuff, sorry. Been a while since I poked in here. Been up for near 72 hours so I'm going to go crash and hopefully remember this and check that thing out.