Payout strategy

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dj2381

Payout strategy

Post by dj2381 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:39 am

So I've been thinking about which coins to get paid out in, with the likes of DASH, ETH and BTC doing so well lately I thought I would go 40% BTC 40% ETH and then maybe 20% DASH or LTC, I am still undecided on the last one, if anyone wants to share what they think would be the best overall strategy please do :)
GregoryGHarding

Re: Payout strategy

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue May 23, 2017 10:25 am

BTC is not doing well.. not at all... you need to make 100$ in btc before you can make profit after fees, go with either eth or ltc

im 98% LTC
2% Donation
vinylwasp

Re: Payout strategy

Post by vinylwasp » Tue May 23, 2017 3:45 pm

I get paid out in coins which I beleive have lots of room for growth like LTC, Gamecredits, Syscoin.
I did ok with PIVX too but it's crashed recently - it may pump again one day, but I've decided to stay away from privacy coins, their application market is too small, most people holding them are speculators.
I watch for dips in price and then switch to whichever is the cheapest on the day as just accumulate as many as I can and hold.
To pay for power/rent I also take a few ETH which are easily converted to cash for operational costs.