Why I have decided to set my payouts 50/50 BTC / LTC

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jacobmayes94

Why I have decided to set my payouts 50/50 BTC / LTC

Post by jacobmayes94 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi guys! I have been a follower of Bitcoin for a while and have mined a little and bought and sold BTC. In recent months i got a titan to hash with and i pump about 300 MHs to this pool. This pool has been a godsend and I am very happy with it. I have been getting payouts in BTC only, but I feel that putting it 50/50 to litecoin is a good idea.

This is due to many factors:

1. Bitcoins stalling on the block size debate and lack of consensus but with plenty of good on the table.
2. Litecoin price has been insanely stable, which is what I am looking for in any currency.
3. Segwit about to be deployed on the Litecoin network. I do have positive thoughts about segwit adding another layer to Litecoin and potentially Bitcoin, just as the layers were added to networking protocols. If litecoin allows payment channels like the lightning network and has greater capacity, there is potential for a price and value increase for the long term, so why not mine some cheap while i can?
4. Bitcoin is good and has the most trust of cryptocurrency, so it makes sense to put half my holdings there.

I do think segregated witness is the best idea long term, the block size cannot be increased forever due to insane block propagation times etc. Litecoin will prove an ideal testing ground, and I feel that this will be a success.

This to me seems a secure investment with my mining profits. 50/50 BTC / LTC. Both currencies are good, Bitcoins community and cutthroat issues do concern me and many continue to argue for 1MB blocks, no good if transactions cannot be propagated in my opinion!