M.A.T / Alchemist Firmware issue solution (c)jstefanop

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
fugju

Re: M.A.T / Alchemist Firmware issue solution (c)jstefanop

Post by fugju » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:11 am

The 1.5.0 isnt an firmware. That is the python GUI.

You need two works get ready. Prepare the Controller (its an modified raspberry) and prepare the Hashboards. For controller you find all on the site. The firmware upgrade for the Hashboards is not for free. I have too many respect for jstefanos work, that i dont give it to somebody away. I contacted jstefano few weeks ago and he answered me. Try again, its not expensive.
randes

Post by randes » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi fugju,

Thanks for replying.
i have all hardware and software ready, but not the firmware, i got a response from jstefanop and he offered me the firmware for a donation.
No problem so far, but what he asks is not at all cheap.
Especially with current litecoin prizes....
S, i have no more bitcoin or litecoin in hands (sold all a long time ago), that's why i have to mine right now to get some coins.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:17 am

fugju wrote:You need two works get ready. Prepare the Controller (its an modified raspberry) and prepare the Hashboards. For controller you find all on the site.
For updates or new rpi controller but I see nothing for reset/recovery the original controller.
Or have you any hint for broken full access (original controller) ? Like card slot or 3-4 pins (on the board)? Thanks!

EDIT: File /etc/rc.local is possible for full access with ssh user without root access. It was with chmod 777 in my device. :shock:
fugju wrote:The firmware upgrade for the Hashboards is not for free. I have too many respect for jstefanos work, that i dont give it to somebody away. I contacted jstefano few weeks ago and he answered me. Try again, its not expensive.
Sure but he is very busy and answers very short.
fugju

Post by fugju » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:49 pm

randes wrote:
For thecoder2012: If you want, i can send you the 1.5.0 firmware. But i don't know if it will work for you. Risk is yours.
Flashfile is not the same like python miningsoftware :!:
Absolutely different things.