Does anyone use CoinMarketCap Earn?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
BMChris

Does anyone use CoinMarketCap Earn?

Post by BMChris » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:45 pm

I've tried a couple of these campaigns and not received anything, but I think that's because I'm not doing it right (I'm pretty new to Crypto, I've only been doing it a month).

They run campaigns for new tokens where you can sign up to receive some by watching a couple of videos and answering some questions.

They ask for the email you used to sign up to coinmarketcap, and your Binance ID number - they're both affiliated, it's not some random 3rd party. Then it asks for an ERC-20 wallet address, and this is the bit I've got stuck on. I've tried asking their support but just got canned responses to a different question.

Am I right in thinking I'd need to sign up to a wallet that can hold the new tokens, and that's the address I give them?
NearlyDeparted

Re: Does anyone use CoinMarketCap Earn?

Post by NearlyDeparted » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:26 am

Your ERC-20 wallet address is you Ethereum platform wallet address, read more about it at
https://coinmarketcap.com/alexandria/ar ... -addresses
I use MetaMask, they have a browser extension which work great for multiple platforms, and a mobile app. Only ever download from the official site at https://metamask.io

The only place I have gotten anything from is Coinbase, and its on a regular basis. No runaround, just a 3 part learn and question, each part earns $1 current value of the crypto course taken.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:41 am

Excellent, thanks I'll give Metamask a go :)

Yeah, I've been following the Coinbase campaigns they've always worked really well. They recently added a bunch of new coins so hopefully we'll get another one soon.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Here we go, I'm trying the MBOX thing at the moment. This is what it's asking:

I've got the Metamask browser extension you mentioned above, but it only mentions Etherium. I also created an account with Mobox as they are running the campaign and their wallet is mentioned in the screenshot above.

My issue is that it asks for the wallet address, but all the places I have wallets, when you go to get the address it says 'This address is only for receiving <specific coin type> only' Is there a generic address I should use? Or do I need to know the specific token type I'll receive?

Or (and I'm joining sketchy, probably misunderstood things I've been reading, here) because whatever I'll receive is a token on Binance Smart Chain, I can use the address for the native coin (BNB) and it can use that?