Gridseed Setup

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JArnold2986

Gridseed Setup

Post by JArnold2986 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi I'm Running Four Small Gridseeds And One GAWminer Fury The GAW miner Is Sharing Ok But The Gridseeds Are Not Sharing At All Im Running All Five Devices On 2 Different Versions of BFGMiner Any Ideas On How To get The Gridseeds To Share Any Help IS Appreciated Attached Is A Screen Shot Of Bfgminer Running Image
GenTarkin

Re: Gridseed Setup

Post by GenTarkin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:46 am

bfgminer doesnt work well w/ gridseeds on this pool....they eventually stop hashing. At least that was my experience w/ my gridseed blades.
I compiled a different miner that works on an RPI which works fine on this pool and theres a fork for the gridseeds for it.

I think it was this one: https://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355
Precompiled binaries (for win and linux) are listed at the bottom of the readme on that page.
JArnold2986

Post by JArnold2986 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:43 am

Thanks For Replying I Will Try It Out And See How It Goes
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 pm

JArnold2986 wrote:Thanks For Replying I Will Try It Out And See How It Goes
If you have a raspberry pi I would try Minera. It supports the small gridseeds. But I only ran it on litecoinpool. I never tried it here. Anyway something you might try.
:?
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:18 pm

CritterDog wrote:
If you have a raspberry pi I would try Minera. It supports the small gridseeds. But I only ran it on litecoinpool. I never tried it here. Anyway something you might try.
think that just runs bfgminer..... but could be wrong. maybe it runs the extremely dated cgminer for gridseeds.
btw, the cpuminer I mentioned also was far more effecient, it had slightly higher hashrate then the much older bfgminer/cgminer versions do.

I loved runnin my gridseed blades, sucks they are so unprofitable now unless you have free power =( ... otherwise I would be running them still. For now, they sit in their pretty little boxes.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:39 am

GenTarkin wrote:
CritterDog wrote:
think that just runs bfgminer..... but could be wrong. maybe it runs the extremely dated cgminer for gridseeds.
btw, the cpuminer I mentioned also was far more effecient, it had slightly higher hashrate then the much older bfgminer/cgminer versions do.

I loved runnin my gridseed blades, sucks they are so unprofitable now unless you have free power =( ... otherwise I would be running them still. For now, they sit in their pretty little boxes.
That's what's interesting about miners - you never know when they are obsolete.

We have several miners that haven't been turned on in months. But every year or so litecoin profitability rises to 15 cents, and they make tons of money, so throwing them away doesn't make sense when you can just store them somewhere until they are profitable again.
Jayniner

Post by Jayniner » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:00 pm

looking for help setting up prohashing and gminer on Raspberry Pi to mine Doge on my Gridseed ASIC mining rig. i'm doing it now through GPU Nvidia mining on my computer.

can anyone help me set this up on raspberry pi or send a link on how to set it up?

Thanks!
Jason