Owners of A4 General Discussion and Help

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CritterDog

Owners of A4 General Discussion and Help

Post by CritterDog » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:06 pm

If there are any other A4 owners I would like to know what settings you are using and the overall performance your getting. I had a great first 24hours of mining here but something has changed I can't seem to hold a steady hash rate now.

Settings on the first 24 hours no problems were static 4096 voltage 800mv
Night 2 terrible could not hold 248Mhs like the night before. My hash rate after running a while drops down to 220Mhs any ideas what might be wrong?

What does not make since is night number one was steady at around 250Mhs poolside I did not change anything until day 2 when my hash rate went way down
10-23 was the first night of mining.. Worked great, Down hill since

Update: Back to my original config 4096 static so far so good for the first 40 minutes working great
GenTarkin

Re: Owners of A4 General Discussion and Help

Post by GenTarkin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:21 pm

whats your power numbers looking like?
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:36 pm

GenTarkin wrote:whats your power numbers looking like?
Right now I am holding steady poolside at 251Mhs for 1 hour.
Running log from cgminer is
(5s):272.2M (avg):261.4Mh/s | A:13508608 R:77824 WU:230970.7/m

Power from wall is 1060-1070 Watts
dronKZ

Post by dronKZ » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:26 am

You may need more power? 1100-1200 watts?
a power supply is?
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:17 pm

dronKZ wrote:You may need more power? 1100-1200 watts?
a power supply is?
I am using a 1300W power supply it should be enough I would think it is a
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 80+ GOLD series 1300W. I watch the power draw and it sits at 1070 watts out the wall. I notice the power consumption goes up if you raise the volt setting on cgminer. I have not herd what that should be set at. I think on the manual it shows 800mv which is what I have it set on. Its been showing 249Mhs output on cgminer with d= 32768 but on pool a little lower not much.

I think I might try dynamic again today.. The miner seems to like Dynamic until it gets "stuck" and hash rate drops.. It seems like its not getting enough work set on dynamic its weird going to try it again.. I also am going to try d=16384 it seemed to like that setting last night.
dronKZ

Post by dronKZ » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:21 pm

and up to A4 which were Asik?
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:38 am

The A4 seems to run better set on Dynamic. But I am having issues with the re-start times being way to high. Not all the time but after it runs a while and the pool sets the difficulty higher it seems to make my re-start go way high. Currently hashing in dynamic and re-start is 6.56 seconds. Some times it will run with re-starts very low under a second there is nothing I can think of that would cause the re-staerts to jump up
Orphan/lost block rate seems to be to high also
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:53 pm

I'm assuming you were part of the pre-order on bitcointalk, but if not, head over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.600 where there is active discussion going on about A4s.

BTW, I would suggest that you stabilize your machine at Nicehash, then when working, switch back. I'm a 100% Prohashing fan and only switch to NH when I need to troubleshoot. You'll find in Gentarkin's tuning instructions sites there are even more stable sites. Best to eliminate as many variables when troubleshooting and having a "stable" hashrate is a good baseline. Maximize your profits later.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:03 pm

excelerator wrote:I'm assuming you were part of the pre-order on bitcointalk, but if not, head over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.600 where there is active discussion going on about A4s.

BTW, I would suggest that you stabilize your machine at Nicehash, then when working, switch back. I'm a 100% Prohashing fan and only switch to NH when I need to troubleshoot. You'll find in Gentarkin's tuning instructions sites there are even more stable sites. Best to eliminate as many variables when troubleshooting and having a "stable" hashrate is a good baseline. Maximize your profits later.
No was not part of the pre-order.. And I don't care for Nicehash it does not pay as good as Prohash so will continue to trouble shoot here. The A4 worked fine the first 24 hours. I didn't change anything.. I can get steady stable hash rate over at litcoinpool so the problem is something here
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:46 pm

CritterDog wrote:
excelerator wrote:I'm assuming you were part of the pre-order on bitcointalk, but if not, head over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.600 where there is active discussion going on about A4s.

No was not part of the pre-order.. And I don't care for Nicehash it does not pay as good as Prohash so will continue to trouble shoot here. The A4 worked fine the first 24 hours. I didn't change anything.. I can get steady stable hash rate over at litcoinpool so the problem is something here
I know that Chris is working on this, but try using g=off and see what that does.

It will reduce your profits, but if it stabilizes the hashrate, it might clue us into the problem.