Manual Payout Limit

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dustind900

Manual Payout Limit

Post by dustind900 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:46 am

It seems (to me) that payouts are too small. I recently got a payout of .8 ETC. That amount is rather small for a payout. I would rather set the limit myself to 1 ETC or higher. Would it be possible in the future for you guys to add a feature where the user can manually set the payout threshold for a given coin?

Thank you,
Dustin
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Manual Payout Limit

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi Dustin. The reason for the payout threshold is pool security. We don't want to be a bank and hold large balances for customers making us a bigger target for hackers. If we implement this feature, we would definitely have a maximum setting for the payout threshold. I will talk with Steve about this so that I can get his opinion on whether this feature presents a significant security risk to us.
dustind900

Post by dustind900 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:07 pm

A max setting would be wise. Thank you for your response
nukepower

Post by nukepower » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:45 pm

yup , plus some of the payouts are to low you can't post them on exchange much less sell because of how low the payout is.

eth should be set to -.1 eth and not 0.08 something even after it cashes out, no exchange will post it or even let you sell, it if it does post it, unless it's @ .1 eth not one dollar, i mean 0.1000000. I guess the Plus side would be send it to a coin based account, sense coin base sell/buys it now like Btc. or save it.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:43 pm

I just changed the minimum ETH and ETC payout to 0.1 for that reason. Setting the minimum payout per user will require changes to the website, and I have to fix some other bugs before I can get to it.

We already have a method that I can change to set a minimum payout per coin for all users. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could determine the appropriate minimum payouts per coin for the entire pool? For most coins, we have it set to 0.0000001 because we don't have any better information.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:I just changed the minimum ETH and ETC payout to 0.1 for that reason. Setting the minimum payout per user will require changes to the website, and I have to fix some other bugs before I can get to it.

We already have a method that I can change to set a minimum payout per coin for all users. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could determine the appropriate minimum payouts per coin for the entire pool? For most coins, we have it set to 0.0000001 because we don't have any better information.
Personally I have no problem with the payout threshold certainly not a priority..But I was wondering if you can change the payout cut off time of reaching the threshold from 7pm central to 10 or 11pm central which is currently the start of next day pay cycle? As of now you dont get paid unless you reach that threshold by 7pm central time
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:35 pm

For the purposes of payout thresholds, days begin and end at 12AM Eastern (11PM Central). If the system is working properly, the cutoff shouldn't be as early as you say you are experiencing. What coin(s) are you using that seem to be having an early cutoff? The only normal cause would be a drop in price; anything else would be a bug. 7PM central (12AM UTC) would make sense if the system was ignoring time zones, but I want to verify it's a problem first.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:For the purposes of payout thresholds, days begin and end at 12AM Eastern (11PM Central). If the system is working properly, the cutoff shouldn't be as early as you say you are experiencing. What coin(s) are you using that seem to be having an early cutoff? The only normal cause would be a drop in price; anything else would be a bug. 7PM central (12AM UTC) would make sense if the system was ignoring time zones, but I want to verify it's a problem first.
What I am noticing is at 7pm central no matter what coin I mine the system takes a look at my account to see if I made the threshold. If I did I get the black checkmark which I assume is there to let me know that coin will pay. But I guess what I am asking is if we do have until 11pm why would the system even care or even look at what the balance was at 7pm central. Thanks!
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:58 pm

That check mark is generated by the website and doesn't actually mean that the payout is "locked in". Every time you load the page, the website compares your balance to the threshold and shows the check if the balance exceeds the threshold. For you, It likely shows up at 7PM because with the hashrate of your miners your balance first exceeds the threshold at that time. You still receive next-day payment of all the coins you earn up to 12AM Eastern, regardless of when that check mark shows up.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Chris Sokolowski wrote:That check mark is generated by the website and doesn't actually mean that the payout is "locked in". Every time you load the page, the website compares your balance to the threshold and shows the check if the balance exceeds the threshold. For you, It likely shows up at 7PM because with the hashrate of your miners your balance first exceeds the threshold at that time. You still receive next-day payment of all the coins you earn up to 12AM Eastern, regardless of when that check mark shows up.
For me it does not matter if I am over the threshold even hours earlyer.. I will not get the checkmark until exactly 7pm central.. Its not a big deal just want to make sure this is normal.. What is the significance of 7pm? Like now I am at .18 bitcoin way over the threshold but I will not get that black checkmark until exactly 7pm even thiough i am now over it hours earlyer. I was just curious what the significance is of it only checking and giving me the checkmark at 7pm and after..That is the only time it starts checking is 7pm-11pm central.. The way I read your response your saying as soon as I hit thrshold I should get the checkmark and the time should not matter? If this is true then I see this as a bug. Not that its a big deal.. Ok thanks