Please confirm if Mining Site is up and Running

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
notsonerdy

Please confirm if Mining Site is up and Running

Post by notsonerdy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:23 pm

8-28-16 (8:20pm ET) - Please confirm if Mining Site is up and Running, shows error "An Error Has Occurred" and that link takes you here: https://plus.google.com/116134283624696898451
CritterDog

Re: Please confirm if Mining Site is up and Running

Post by CritterDog » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:55 am

I was just now able to log in I have been getting same error could not log on.... Also my normal mining balance is way low compared to normal at this time.. I believe I was not being credited for shares. Maybe Chris or Steve can let us know what happened today.. This morning my balance started shooting up out of control for about 45 minutes.. Then it stopped and balance went back to normal.. But looking at it now it is low been mining Dash and the price did not move much today. So I think something happened where I was mining but not getting credit
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Please confirm if Mining Site is up and Running

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:55 am

I just credited everyone for 6 additional hours of mining time. The mining server caused the database to crash, so despite your miners being connected and finding blocks for the pool, shares were not recorded and balances were not incremented for a period of time. Steve thinks he's fixed the underlying error, and I have deployed the fixes so it hopefully shouldn't occur again.

We apologize for all these crashes recently. We've made optimizations to increase performance of the mining server by 10x, but the optimizations also inadvertently introduced bugs that we've been squashing throughout the past week. Generally, these optimization releases are the most difficult of all types of releases to rid of bugs. There are tens of thousands of combinations of different miners, coins, and markets, and we can't imagine or replicate all of them on the development server. Since we know that the optimization releases have the most bugs, we try to do them only when necessary, so until the pool has a large increase in workers, we won't need to do another for a while.