Reminder about tax form questions

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Reminder about tax form questions

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am

I wanted to post a reminder about tax form questions, which seem to be popping up in the forums frequently.

Prohashing's policy, in general, is to keep all customer data on its own servers. That's why our ticketing system, video conferencing platform, and developer tools are never cloud hosted. Crooked employees at third-party companies cannot steal data or money that never goes through their systems. Questions about tax forms involve personally identifiable information (PII), like social security numbers, and that information is even more sensitive and even more important that it never leaves our servers.

While we accept support tickets from many methods, the only method that never leaves our servers is "website chat," which can be accessed at https://prohashing.com/about. E-Mails, twitter messages, and other discussions all flow through third parties, whose employees can easily conduct man-in-the-middle attacks.

We'll be glad to assist with correcting errors in submission data; however, I wanted to make a friendly reminder that the only support method in which we are able to discuss any issues regarding money, taxes, and personally identifiable information is the "website chat" method, which keeps all data in our servers and authenticates the customer. I answered four tickets today where I had to decline to answer and direct the customer to the website chat.

Many customers have also asked why, after having submitted paperwork long ago, errors were discovered recently. There is no government "crackdown" occurring and W8-BEN forms are not provided to any government; in fact, the forms have never been used for any purpose in four years. We simply had not been able to hire enough staff, and then later, have enough trained staff, to process the forms. Now that we have doubled our workforce in the last four months and those people have started to become very productive, we have been able to catch up on tasks which had been backlogged for years.
Banished_Privateer

Re: Reminder about tax form questions

Post by Banished_Privateer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am

May I ask why you're using W8-BEN form and not 1042-S or other tax forms? US tax laws are very confusing and I've seen a wide variety of different forms from platform to platform.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:29 am

Banished_Privateer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 am May I ask why you're using W8-BEN form and not 1042-S or other tax forms? US tax laws are very confusing and I've seen a wide variety of different forms from platform to platform.
Unfortunately, we can't answer because disclosure would cause previously attorney-client privileged information to become unprivileged. You shouldn't take that to mean that there is anything wrong with what we're doing, and there has been and is no issue at all with the current system.
pofiggad

Post by pofiggad » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:55 pm

The first time I did not understand that I needed to enter the tax number and therefore put "NA" it turned out to be incorrect, the second time I entered the tax number and waited 2 days, then I saw that you have a new W -8 BEN (Rev. October 2021) Filled in and uploaded to my profile, now I'm waiting. My joys are blocked, and how long will I wait?
pofiggad

Post by pofiggad » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 am

I don't understand the reason for blocking my payments? Why should my rigs work for you? Why is there no blocking of rigs in this case, I can earn without delays on other pools, if you cannot solve my problem, just block my account and pay off my funds, and I will not have any business with you in the future!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 am

pofiggad wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 am I don't understand the reason for blocking my payments? Why should my rigs work for you? Why is there no blocking of rigs in this case, I can earn without delays on other pools, if you cannot solve my problem, just block my account and pay off my funds, and I will not have any business with you in the future!
pofiggad wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:55 pm The first time I did not understand that I needed to enter the tax number and therefore put "NA" it turned out to be incorrect, the second time I entered the tax number and waited 2 days, then I saw that you have a new W -8 BEN (Rev. October 2021) Filled in and uploaded to my profile, now I'm waiting. My joys are blocked, and how long will I wait?
I see that you already have a support ticket in that has been responded to once so far. The rest of your questions will be answered there, but we can't discuss your private information in the public forums, as indicated by the thread you are posting in.
pofiggad

Post by pofiggad » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:02 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 am
pofiggad wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 am I don't understand the reason for blocking my payments? Why should my rigs work for you? Why is there no blocking of rigs in this case, I can earn without delays on other pools, if you cannot solve my problem, just block my account and pay off my funds, and I will not have any business with you in the future!
pofiggad wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:55 pm The first time I did not understand that I needed to enter the tax number and therefore put "NA" it turned out to be incorrect, the second time I entered the tax number and waited 2 days, then I saw that you have a new W -8 BEN (Rev. October 2021) Filled in and uploaded to my profile, now I'm waiting. My joys are blocked, and how long will I wait?
I see that you already have a support ticket in that has been responded to once so far. The rest of your questions will be answered there, but we can't discuss your private information in the public forums, as indicated by the thread you are posting in.
Thanks for solving my question!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:24 am

pofiggad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:02 am
Sarah Manter wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 am
Thanks for solving my question!
We're glad it's been worked out for you.