ZCash - multiple rounds "Pending"

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Re: ZCash - multiple rounds "Pending"

Post by Sarah Manter » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 pm

OneOfThePetes wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:44 pm
Sarah Manter wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:23 am Is it still saying that for you? I just tried looking, and the second line looks like it no longer says pending. It may have just taken a bit to register?
Hi Sarah,

I just woke up from a nap, and refreshed the page.

Looks all good now.

Thanks again for your help. :)
That's great! :D
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm

We already have an offer out working with Python; now we need someone to focus on the website, with Typescript and HTML and CSS. However, we don't hire people based on what languages they know. During interviews, we ask technical questions about computer science concepts because languages constantly become obsolete and change.

I've found that the most predictive factor for hiring is GPA. I'd hire someone with a high GPA over someone who knows Python, even for a position that solely requires Python knowledge.

Therefore, you and anyone else shouldn't avoid applying just because you don't know a language. Work ethic and ability to learn are far more important.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneOfThePetes

Post by OneOfThePetes » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm We already have an offer out working with Python; now we need someone to focus on the website, with Typescript and HTML and CSS. However, we don't hire people based on what languages they know. During interviews, we ask technical questions about computer science concepts because languages constantly become obsolete and change.

I've found that the most predictive factor for hiring is GPA. I'd hire someone with a high GPA over someone who knows Python, even for a position that solely requires Python knowledge.

Therefore, you and anyone else should avoid applying just because you don't know a language. Work ethic and ability to learn are far more important.
I had to look up "GPA", but now I know what it is, I understand what you are saying. (It's one of my unchecked boxes haha)

I hope you find the candidate you need. Having read a lot of the articles on the site, it is clear that you have some highly intelligent, and skilled people working for you.

All the best!
I left because I hate the colour scheme.
Plenty of other mining pools out there that don't look as terrible.