Foreign tax identifying number (W8-BEN box 6) is missing or invalid

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Foreign tax identifying number (W8-BEN box 6) is missing or invalid

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:43 am

janjacobs66 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:13 am I share your frustration, as I'm battling with the same issue
and I dont know what I'm doing wrong

I'm not a USA citizen, the only TAX number I have, is my South African TAX ref no
when I enter that, I still get the rejection notice

I have read every help article, including the USA tax referrals - no luck

where do one get an answer from ?
A support ticket is the best place to ask these questions. As noted above and in the post regarding this issue, we can't provide any responses except through the "website chat" communications method when the support issue involves personally identifiable information. Thanks!
janjacobs66

Post by janjacobs66 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:09 am

I have followed the advice and used the website CHAT option
I made contact, but its been 24 hours and all I see is "we are away at the moment"

??????
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:25 am

janjacobs66 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:09 am I have followed the advice and used the website CHAT option
I made contact, but its been 24 hours and all I see is "we are away at the moment"

??????
I'm not aware of any outstanding support tickets that have yet to receive an initial response on this issue, so my understanding is that your issue has been resolved. If you have any further questions, feel free to submit another ticket, and Paula will be glad to look into it.
pofiggad

Post by pofiggad » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:49 am

I used the tax number of my country to enter it in (W8-BEN box 6) and everything worked out, and also on the portal I went through the "Trusted Mining" identification for my identification, and everything went well
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:48 am

pofiggad wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:49 am I used the tax number of my country to enter it in (W8-BEN box 6) and everything worked out, and also on the portal I went through the "Trusted Mining" identification for my identification, and everything went well
That's what you should use. The tax number is not forwarded to any government. The purpose of these forms is simply to legally prove that you are not a US citizen, and the tax number proves that.