Payout Selection Based on Current Coin Price

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MattyBuj

Payout Selection Based on Current Coin Price

Post by MattyBuj » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:36 am

Just had an idea for a feature that I would greatly appreciate.

If it would be possible to set mining payouts based on the price of the coins. Example, if Bitcoin is below $50,000 payout 100% while having ACH set to 100% with no conditions. That way if Bitcoin value is too high, you'd get ACH payments.

I prefer to get payouts for coins that are currently undervalued to get the most out of my hashrate when the coin value increases. Doing the changes manually is not a big deal but it would be cool to have more autonomy for those times I am not constantly checking prices.

It would also be nice to see this allow split payouts if multiple conditions are met but I could see how that could become convoluted real fast.

Would love to hear if anyone else would find this useful and if it's something that would even be possible.

Cheers,
Sarah Manter

Re: Payout Selection Based on Current Coin Price

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:56 am

I believe Portfolio Targeting does what you're describing. Check out our Portfolio Targeting guide, and see if that's helpful for you. :) https://prohashing.com/guides/magic-of- ... -targeting
MattyBuj

Post by MattyBuj » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:18 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:56 am I believe Portfolio Targeting does what you're describing. Check out our Portfolio Targeting guide, and see if that's helpful for you. :) https://prohashing.com/guides/magic-of- ... -targeting
It is the same idea but not the same execution.

If I understand correctly, portfolio targeting chooses which coins to pay out based on the "best" value when you have multiple coins selected. It doesn't allow specific parameters for when you would want each coin which is more in line with what I mentioned.

For now, I have my payouts at 100% Bitcoin. Once the price of Bitcoin goes above $50,000, I would want my payouts to automatically switch to ACH. But if Bitcoin prices drop back below $50,000 again, it would automatically switch back to Bitcoin Payouts.

For this specific scenario, it isn't a big deal not having the feature as it is only one currency. But in the past I was doing this same scenario with multiple different currencies. Tracking them all constantly and being reach to change my payout percentages anytime a coin changes can get tedious, which I realize is the reason for Portfolio Targeting.

This idea would essentially be manual Portfolio Targeting. So if there was just a second set of options with the Portfolio Targeting that allowed you to set the min/max prices associated with the payout coins, that would be exactly what I am looking for.
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:44 pm