Earnings not match

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CactusJab

Earnings not match

Post by CactusJab » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:37 am

Hours after Daily reset....Says today after Daily reset I earned 0.52 - but i only earned 0.09??? where did everything go?
image hosting
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Earnings not match

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:47 am

This looks like a complex issue that will require significant investigation. Please submit a support ticket and we'll be glad to help!
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:41 am

I had the same issue with dingo.

Is it just a buy/sell price issue with dingo being so volatile and having a high spread.

Does anyone have more details on situations with earnings not matching on dingocoin?
Kaffiend

Post by Kaffiend » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:39 am

This reply from about a week or so ago. It is because of the large spread between the buy/sell price. For other coins I have had a warning about it at the top of the screen on payout page in the past. The dingo large spread has not generated the warning for me like others have.

Hello, I investigated this issue and determined that the pool is working properly. The situation is that the coin you are earning Dingocoin with small trade volumes and small market capitalizations. With those types of coins, the spread between the buy price and sell price is very wide. When you earn coins on Prohashing, the data shown in your daily earnings is based upon the buy price since that's what we had to spend to acquire the coins, but the current value is based upon the current sell price since that is the value you could earn by selling it at a market. For coins with a high spread like Dingocoin, there will be a large discrepancy between these values. That is not the fault of the pool; rather, it is essentially evidence you cannot sell those earned coins for near the price paid to acquire them. I hope this helps to explain the situation. Sincerely, -Steven
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:10 am

That seems to make sense.

Thanks for the details.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:46 pm

Kaffiend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:39 am This reply from about a week or so ago. It is because of the large spread between the buy/sell price. For other coins I have had a warning about it at the top of the screen on payout page in the past. The dingo large spread has not generated the warning for me like others have.

Hello, I investigated this issue and determined that the pool is working properly. The situation is that the coin you are earning Dingocoin with small trade volumes and small market capitalizations. With those types of coins, the spread between the buy price and sell price is very wide. When you earn coins on Prohashing, the data shown in your daily earnings is based upon the buy price since that's what we had to spend to acquire the coins, but the current value is based upon the current sell price since that is the value you could earn by selling it at a market. For coins with a high spread like Dingocoin, there will be a large discrepancy between these values. That is not the fault of the pool; rather, it is essentially evidence you cannot sell those earned coins for near the price paid to acquire them. I hope this helps to explain the situation. Sincerely, -Steven
If that's the case here, then you can earn more money by earning a different coin. Unfortunately, with so few buyers of this coin, the only way you will be able to sell or spend it is at the lower value.
CactusJab

Post by CactusJab » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Thank you so much for responding.
I was 100% on Dingo, when i added a secondary coin/token it would transfer to that before it would disappear. GOod idea to have a secondary available, DINGO always happy to see it listed. Thank you
CactusJab

Post by CactusJab » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 am

So it started doing it again. 50% of "earned today" not allocated to my coins/tokens.
I did send a Email to support as you suggested. ill update this threat if i get a response to help anyone else in the future