Question about languages and subtitles

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Question about languages and subtitles

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:37 am

Hey all you multi-lingual miners! Question for you! Have any of you tried using the auto translate feature on YouTube? How accurate is it? We now have accurate English (United States) subtitles on our YouTube tutorials, and I'm curious how well it translates to other languages, especially with the mining terms.

It looks like it's possible for people to set the auto translate from the captions we typed in with the accurate words, but for me, I had to change the settings twice to view them, and I knew it was there.
-MaVerick-

Re: Question about languages and subtitles

Post by -MaVerick- » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:26 pm

I'm currently looking at your Chia tutorial video and it isn't as bad as I expected the auto translator to be. It's pretty unterstandable with just some words translated in a less favorable way. If there should be any complains from fellow germans I would gladly help you with the translation though.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:57 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:26 pm I'm currently looking at your Chia tutorial video and it isn't as bad as I expected the auto translator to be. It's pretty unterstandable with just some words translated in a less favorable way. If there should be any complains from fellow germans I would gladly help you with the translation though.
Thank you for checking that out. Did you use the translation off of the auto generated subtitles or off of the English(United States) subtitles?
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:10 pm

The subs where auto set to English(US) when activating, I switched to auto translated from there and selected german. I had to try 2 times though, just like you mentioned, to even get the option for auto translated.

Now I just took a look at the English(auto generated) and auto translated from there. It's a mess. When you already know the context you may be able to get the important parts, but for newcommers auto generated with auto translated is not the best way to go.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:16 pm

OK, that's great to know. Thank you so much. When I tried the auto translate it started from the auto generated one. I'm glad to know that the typed in subtitles help the translations a little too. I know some Spanish but not enough to really get a sense of how well it was working.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:14 am

Lusine wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:03 am Youtube auto translate has 60%-70% accuracy depending on the language its gonna translate, some language has really bad translation due to the system, Manual translate is better if you have the time to do it.
Manual translate as in knowing the language and translating it by hand?