Request CPU ALGO GhostRider for Raptoreum Mining

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
afkluckky

Request CPU ALGO GhostRider for Raptoreum Mining

Post by afkluckky » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Its got support its got exchanges and prohashing needs for CPU options.
bMeister1

Re: Request CPU ALGO GhostRider for Raptoreum Mining

Post by bMeister1 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:47 pm

I wouldn't mind being able to mine Raptorium but I am concerned that it would require quite a lot of miners to get a hashrate that comes even close to being worth it. According to miningpoolstats.stream, 80% of the network hashrate for Raptoreum is controlled by two pools so to have a shot at finding a block we would need at least 300+kh/s. That doesn't sound like much but the GhostRider algo is way harder to calculate than RandomX so it will take a lot of CPUs.

Personally I'd be more in favor of adding Verushash (which is so lightweight my [email protected] does 6.4Mh/s!) or yespower. It would also be kinda fun to add RX2 and just effortlessly topple Zergpool as the undisputed king of Luxcoin mining. :lol:
Xangis

Post by Xangis » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:03 pm

I would love to have this and would move the 100 CPU cores I have on suprnova.cc over to Prohashing if it were added. I moved most of the Monero mining I was doing on Prohashing over to Raptoreum on Suprnova about a month ago and I'd love to bring them back.

CPU mining is becoming more popular -- a lot of new coins are choosing CPU algorithms since good GPUs are so hard to get ahold of and it opens mining to a wider audience.

I'd also love to see the MinotaurX CPU algorithm, which LCC uses and RavencoinLite/RVL (now Avian/AVN) will be switching to soon.
nate4488

Post by nate4488 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:50 pm

I would also move from suprnova to Prohashing for my Raptoreum mining for what it's worth lol