Bad profit

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Minerman

Bad profit

Post by Minerman » Wed May 11, 2016 3:07 pm

I have noticed that Prohashing is making less than LTC-mining for several days. Why is that?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Bad profit

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu May 12, 2016 8:34 am

Chris has been looking at that to try to figure out what is going on. I compared the profitability of this pool to that of Clevermining, and we made 99.5% of Clevermining yesterday. Clevermining states that they made 111% of LTC.

I think that the "LTC" line is incorrect on that graph. We'll get back to you with more information as soon as Chris finds out more.
Minerman

Post by Minerman » Thu May 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Chart looks better today! :-) What did you do?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri May 13, 2016 5:27 am

I know that Steve adjusted the Litecoin profitability so that it includes the pool fee that we charge. The Litecoin profitability was previously based on solo mining with 100% hashrate efficiency and no trading fees. Steve might have made some other changes; I will have him post what else he changed.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 15, 2016 9:04 am

Minerman wrote:Chart looks better today! :-) What did you do?
This issue has been resolved. The cause of the problem was the issue fixed yesterday with work restart penalties. Look at the "news" forum for more info on that.

Miners were actually being overpaid during this period due to the issue, while the recording of profits was under the actual amount. Today's numbers should be the first day where they are more accurate, as yesterday's numbers are partially messed up by the morning's mining under the old release.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 pm

I am running a 24 hour profit comparison between litecoinpool.org and ProHash..Will post results in about 26 hours. Prohash still has a little under 2 hours then I will switch. Will post results tomorrow on how many Litecoins each pool pays in a 24 hour period. This is not to see which pool is better as profits change on Prohash. But I will run several test over the next week this should give us a better idea. :idea:
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue May 17, 2016 5:17 am

Our most profitable coin seems to be Fedoracoin. Unfortunately, it is only traded on Cryptopia, and its exchange wallet seems to be locked half of the time. I have a feeling that the days with highest profitability will be the ones where Fedoracoin was available.
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Wed May 18, 2016 12:46 am

CritterDog wrote:I am running a 24 hour profit comparison between litecoinpool.org and ProHash..Will post results in about 26 hours. Prohash still has a little under 2 hours then I will switch. Will post results tomorrow on how many Litecoins each pool pays in a 24 hour period. This is not to see which pool is better as profits change on Prohash. But I will run several test over the next week this should give us a better idea. :idea:
Ok First 24Hour test is Complete. This is my results running aprox 165Mhs total
ProHash made 1.40 Litecoins
Litecoinpool.org 1.84

Granted this was just one test but this is a big difference. .44 Litecoins more on litecoinpool.org
This test is not meant to say one pool is better then another there are lots of factors involved. Maybe Prohashing was down for a bit or maybe another problem. I do not know why such a big diff.
I just thought I would share. Results I am sure will vary with different users. But I should add that I had one blade go down on me today for about 4 hours I was down 5.4Khs on the 2nd test. So litecoinpool should have been even a little more then 1.84 litecoins.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 18, 2016 7:50 am

I'm going to have Chris look into this issue. There has been a reduction in good coins available to mine recently because Cryptopia locked some wallets, but that should not account for all of this difference.

He should be able to get back to you in the afternoon with more information.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed May 18, 2016 2:19 pm

I'm investigating right now. Can you tell me how the hashrate of your miner compares between the two pools? I want to isolate whether this is a low profitability or a low hashrate issue.