Is the Chia payout working properly?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Mastermind007

Is the Chia payout working properly?

Post by Mastermind007 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am

Is the Chia payout working properly? I have had a small farm (24 plots) working for over a week but have yet to see anything in the payouts dashboard. I see in the Chia GUI that points are going to the pool and I see the share count increasing in the dashboard and mining charts on the website.

I submitted an email to [email protected] on 10/16 but have not received a response. I do understand that it has been pretty busy lately with the upgrades (thanks for that by the way) and the lack of manpower is not helping so please do not take this comment about the email negatively. I only mention it because I submitted a ticket using the support chat button so there are possibly two tickets for the same issue.

Thanks for the assistance.
Sarah Manter

Re: Is the Chia payout working properly?

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:20 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am Is the Chia payout working properly? I have had a small farm (24 plots) working for over a week but have yet to see anything in the payouts dashboard. I see in the Chia GUI that points are going to the pool and I see the share count increasing in the dashboard and mining charts on the website.

I submitted an email to [email protected] on 10/16 but have not received a response. I do understand that it has been pretty busy lately with the upgrades (thanks for that by the way) and the lack of manpower is not helping so please do not take this comment about the email negatively. I only mention it because I submitted a ticket using the support chat button so there are possibly two tickets for the same issue.

Thanks for the assistance.
I do see two tickets, and they have both been assigned to the people who can best look into this for you. We apologize for the wait, and thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:52 am

Thanks for the feedback Sarah. I know its been busy of late. Just wanted to make sure the ticket(s) did not get lost in cyberspace.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:47 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:52 am Thanks for the feedback Sarah. I know its been busy of late. Just wanted to make sure the ticket(s) did not get lost in cyberspace.
Understandable. Cyberspace is vast...
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 am

Any idea when with issue may be looked into? Its been a week of mining and no indication of any payout.
It looks like everything is setup correctly based on the Chia GUI and Dashboard/Mining pages data. Points are going to the pool and shares a racking up but that is the end of the trail. I tried to research the stats but the chart calculations don't seem to adding up.

I understand the entire operation can not stop just to address one persons ticket and if I am the only one experiencing this then it is even less of a reason pull recourses from other areas.

I have 27 new plots to bring online and another 30 being built but if they are not going to do anything perhaps I should point them elsewhere, at least for the time being.

I guess I am looking for a little guidance. Sarah reaching out was the first sign of life regarding my tickets and forum posts.

Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:46 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:12 am Any idea when with issue may be looked into? Its been a week of mining and no indication of any payout.
It looks like everything is setup correctly based on the Chia GUI and Dashboard/Mining pages data. Points are going to the pool and shares a racking up but that is the end of the trail. I tried to research the stats but the chart calculations don't seem to adding up.

I understand the entire operation can not stop just to address one persons ticket and if I am the only one experiencing this then it is even less of a reason pull recourses from other areas.

I have 27 new plots to bring online and another 30 being built but if they are not going to do anything perhaps I should point them elsewhere, at least for the time being.

I guess I am looking for a little guidance. Sarah reaching out was the first sign of life regarding my tickets and forum posts.

Thanks
We are aware of the ticket; however, this issue is extremely complex and is requiring significant investigation. You're correct that nobody else has experienced it. It's not taking a long time because we don't care about you; it's taking a long time because nobody has been able to reproduce the problem.

We're continuing the investigation as quickly as possible, but we unfortunately don't have an ETA as to when we'll be able to resolve it, as we haven't been able to find anything out yet.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:39 am

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. Just knowing it is being looked at helps. Not hearing anything, even to say that it is being investigated was troubling. Being a network engineer for 20 years I learned that reaching out to a customer, even to say I did not have a solution yet, went a long way in keeping the customer happy.

Since it is only happening to me, which is just how my luck goes, is there anything I can do on my end? Logs, tests, etc.. that would be helpful? If deleting an readding the pool would be helpful I can certainly do that. As it stands the farm is not doing much for me, other than getting an education on how chia works so if drastic steps are needed I am game. So long as I do not need to resync the blockchain. That takes forever :)

I followed your guide to the letter and did not run into anything where I had to make assumptions as to the next step, but that does not me I did not screw something up.
robinsoz

Post by robinsoz » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:38 am

Make sure you backup your blockchain database file - syncing the blockchain for me took over a week. With a backup you can have it going again much faster.

And from what I read shutdown all chia processes before backing it up to avoid corruption.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:19 pm

I switch my NFT pool to and let it run for awhile as a test. I was earning chia but I did not want to go so far as to mind that pool until payout threshold was reached. It at least proved my farm was earning. I switched back to Prohashing pool. Hopefully What little has been earned is saved someplace so once this is resolved the payout goes through.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:11 pm

Mastermind007 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:19 pm I switch my NFT pool to and let it run for awhile as a test. I was earning chia but I did not want to go so far as to mind that pool until payout threshold was reached. It at least proved my farm was earning. I switched back to Prohashing pool. Hopefully What little has been earned is saved someplace so once this is resolved the payout goes through.
I'm going to ask Vance to prioritize this task first thing in the morning tomorrow. He'll get back to you as soon as he knows more.