Coinbase question

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
spauk

Coinbase question

Post by spauk » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:12 pm

I saw my first payout today, it was supposed to be in dollars through coinbase but showed up on the prohashing payout column as coinbase (unsold). So I had to go on coinbase and sell the btc about 12 hours after receiving them on coinbase. How long does it take to sell the btc on coinbase automatically if i choose dollar payout on prohashing? And if this is always going to be the case (no auto sell to dollar), I might as well just select btc payout so I don't have extra btc sitting around in my prohashing account (since I had proportions of btc and dollar as payout, and it only paid out the dollar proportion in btc).
I'm kinda off topic here but its my first post and I thought I'd say my only complaints so far: that I need to register for the prohashing forums on top of registering for prohashing, seems kind of redundant registering twice. Static difficulty minimum of 512 is kinda high for some of my slower devices (some older graphics cards), and dynamic difficulty starts too high, it would be nice to select starting dynamic difficulty (and hopefully at 256 or less). And payouts seem to take forever and a day (and payout to usd through coinbase, extra few days), I realize I only mine about 5 MH/s so I'm not expecting huge or regular payouts, but some days it's only like $0.12 earned when I'm hoping for closer to $0.20, which might be a problem with my miners being somewhat unstable, but I still try to keep them running all the time.
I use 4 futurebit moonlanders for most of my mining they run at 360 MHz clock, 0.94V core voltage, for about 1 MH/s each. I need to check them every few hours to make sure that they are all still hashing, otherwise I need to close bfgminer and unplug/replug the usb hub cable and start bfgminer again. Longest I've seen them run without a restart is about a day and a half. I also mine with graphics cards, mostly just 2 radeon hd 6950s but I have other graphics cards too that won't work on prohashing since dynamic difficulty starts too high.
Nice pool, keep up the good work!
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Coinbase question

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:24 am

Hi spauk,

Welcome! It's always great to see new blood around here.

I'll enter a task into the bug tracking system to ask Chris to investigate what happened with selling the Coinbase payouts. At first glance, my guess is that the bitcoin network is running slowly again, and the transaction didn't confirm before we executed the sell. However, Chris will perform further research and will get back to you when he knows more.

The reason the dynamic difficulty starts so high is because Nicehash requires that it start that high. Nicehash is unfriendly to pools. We have some ideas to fix that, but those changes are still in testing. In the meantime, you can always set a static difficulty that is lower. You should note that you won't lose any profit even if the dynamic difficulty starts too high, however. You just will have a higher variance in the beginning until the difficulty lowers, but your odds of making money are exactly the same as they would be at lower difficulty.

If you have graphics cards, use them to mine Ethereum while continuing to point ASICs here. If you pay 5.99 cents/kWh like we do for electricity, then you can earn about $1.00/day in profit with a Radeon 7970, the most efficient card for mining. You can also use notifications, at the bottom of the settings page, to notify you when your miners fail. Set a minimum hashrate and you'll receive an E-Mail when hashrate drops below that range.

In regards to payouts, if you earn very little, then it could be a while before you get paid. Payouts don't occur until you earn $2.00. If you want to accept the transaction fees, then you can check "ignore payout threshold" to be paid the next day, but you'll have to pay whatever the network charges you.

Feel free to ask any other questions, and Chris will get back to you soon. Welcome!

Thanks,

-Steve