No ETC payout for last couple of days ..

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ToeKnee

No ETC payout for last couple of days ..

Post by ToeKnee » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:26 pm

Perhaps there is something clogging up the pipes, so to speak. I've been stacking ETC over the last couple of days and there hasn't been a payout to my Coinbase. Check on ETC payouts in general?
BMChris

Re: No ETC payout for last couple of days ..

Post by BMChris » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:09 pm

It took mine a day or three to come through. I know if they don't have many people mining a coin they sometimes need to wait for them to build up before they send them to avoid large transaction charges, it might be that.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:02 am

ETC had some problems lately with an ungodly amount of confirmations needed for a transaction to come through, I think I saw something with 40.000 confirmations, with would roughly take a week or so.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:58 am

ToeKnee wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:26 pm Perhaps there is something clogging up the pipes, so to speak. I've been stacking ETC over the last couple of days and there hasn't been a payout to my Coinbase. Check on ETC payouts in general?
The problem is that we ran out of money.

We don't keep a lot of money on exchanges, for the obvious reason. Normally, it would be easy to send more money to Coinbase, but in this case, Coinbase is requiring 3 days of confirmations for ETC.

The confirmations are an obsolete reaction to a 51% attack that was conducted using NiceHash against the ETC network 15 months ago. Since then, the price of ETC rose by a factor of 5, and the network's hashrate also significantly increased, making the large number of confirmations unnecessary. Nevertheless, for an unknown reason, Coinbase still requires them.