ETHash-LowMemory Problems

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Adam13

ETHash-LowMemory Problems

Post by Adam13 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Has anything changed with ETHASH-LowMemory? I have a couple of older systems that normally run ETHash-LowMemory but for the last couple of days they have not been able to connect. When I start the miner I get an immediate disconnect, in the mining dashboard I get the error "The worker does not meet the DAG requirement of all available coins in the algorithm."

Thanks,
Adam
bMeister1

Re: ETHash-LowMemory Problems

Post by bMeister1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:22 am

It is possible that as the DAG size increases with each Epoch that there is a coin whose DAG finally exceeded the VRAM of that particular GPU. Also if you're not using the "l=" argument in your password to tell Prohashing how much VRAM your card has so it knows which coins to mine on your card you can get errors like that.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:00 am

If the GPU is 2GB or less it won't be able to run even the lowmem one.
Steven Godshall

Post by Steven Godshall » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Looks like Callisto in the Ethash-lowmemory pool has a 3.41GB DAG size, which could cause an error if your GPU only has 3GB of VRAM. You could use the c= parameter to static mine a coin with a lower DAG size. The DAG sizes can be checked on our Status page.
Adam13

Post by Adam13 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 am

Steven Godshall wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm Looks like Callisto in the Ethash-lowmemory pool has a 3.41GB DAG size, which could cause an error if your GPU only has 3GB of VRAM. You could use the c= parameter to static mine a coin with a lower DAG size. The DAG sizes can be checked on our Status page.
Steven thank you for this reply, I wasn't aware that the DAG size was listed on the status page. After digging around a bit I believe that I found the source of my problem. Like I said in original post the problem was with an older GPU, basically something we had laying around and figured why not try to put it to use. I was using the the l= parameter to specify the vram of 2GB, it looks like TeslaFunds has a DAG size of 1.58 GB which is the lowest in the group. TSF has been in an error state for the last few days and there are not other coins under 2GB thus nothing that GPU can handle in the ETHASH-LOWMemory pool. I have moved that GPU over to neoscript and it's running fine again, for me this is just a hobby something I can tinker around with so the profitability difference really isn't a big deal. Thank you for the help!

Adam