USD Payouts

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kires

USD Payouts

Post by kires » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:51 am

My miners were offline for about a week, and (one of them) just got back online. It's been back up and running since the 6th, but the last payout to CoinBase was on 2016.03.30. My Coinbase account looks fine, and it shows as connected on my settings page.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: USD Payouts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:40 pm

Thanks for the report. Chris will investigate this tonight and get back to you.

This is caused by the changes the Core is pushing in the latest version of bitcoin that rejects transactions with more than eight decimal places.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:08 am

I fixed the code and the payouts will be fixed from tonight on. Thanks for your patience.
kires

Post by kires » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:12 am

That's perfect, thanks! This is why you guys have the best Scrypt mining pool, period.
kires

Post by kires » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Sorry to say that he payouts have not resumed yet. Is there any new info?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi Kires. Coinbase payouts are working for other users, whereas your payment is getting rejected for an "unauthorized token" error. I need you to disconnect and then reconnect your Coinbase account through our site. I think that will fix the issue. Let me know when you have done that and I will try to send the payment.
kires

Post by kires » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 am

Well that's weird. Maybe it times out after being inactive for a week? Anyway, I've gone ahead and re-linked the CB account. Would it be possible (or practical) to have errors like that piped to the Account Activity section of the earnings page?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:53 pm

I've never considered putting errors in the account activity section because this is the first time in the history of the pool that we have had a payout error caused by a user's configuration. Every other payout error was caused by an issue in our code or our wallets, so there would be nothing a user could do to fix it. I'd like to only display errors if a user can actually take action to fix them.

I'm going to talk with Steve and see if we can implement a private announcement system on the website. If we need to contact a user, for example to reauthenticate a Coinbase account, we would put a banner at the top of that user's account page with the message. That would get around the issue of contacting users when we don't store their email addresses. It wouldn't automate error reporting like the Coinbase error you experienced, but considering how rarely user-addressable errors occur, I don't think it is worth the effort to implement an automated system.
kires

Post by kires » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:31 am

It would be cool, but I would absolutely understand if building in new functionality to handle edge cases turned out to not be worth it. Stupid Cost-Benefit analysis! Now that I think on it, it might actually be more efficient to handle these case the same way this one was handled, via the message board.