Mine until threshold then auto stop further mining;

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ToeKnee

Mine until threshold then auto stop further mining;

Post by ToeKnee » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 am

Suppose that I have a set of coins that I am mining and that each coin has different payout thresholds. If I wanted to stop mining some coins in order to direct my hashpower to other coins, I would like to "finish out" the existing coins that have a balance. Upon meeting their payout threshold, I would like to no longer direct hash power at the older coins to prevent "micro-shares" of the coin clutter up the balance sheet.

I know that it is possible to lower payout thresholds for the coins and incur a small fee for doing so; what I am looking for is a method so that I do not have to sit at my computer and constantly watch the balance rise in order to "turn off" mining at precisely the right moment.

Basically, I'm looking for this kind of logic, "Once a payout occurs on coin X, then stop further mining of X at the moment of payout -- and direct the payout percentage that was once assigned to X to coin Y."
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Mine until threshold then auto stop further mining;

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:28 pm

ToeKnee wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 am Suppose that I have a set of coins that I am mining and that each coin has different payout thresholds. If I wanted to stop mining some coins in order to direct my hashpower to other coins, I would like to "finish out" the existing coins that have a balance. Upon meeting their payout threshold, I would like to no longer direct hash power at the older coins to prevent "micro-shares" of the coin clutter up the balance sheet.

I know that it is possible to lower payout thresholds for the coins and incur a small fee for doing so; what I am looking for is a method so that I do not have to sit at my computer and constantly watch the balance rise in order to "turn off" mining at precisely the right moment.

Basically, I'm looking for this kind of logic, "Once a payout occurs on coin X, then stop further mining of X at the moment of payout -- and direct the payout percentage that was once assigned to X to coin Y."
This sounds like a great idea for the new developer to implement, if we can get that new developer hired soon. I'll create a ticket for this.
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:26 am

I support this idea, I've got plenty of coins with 0,01$ balance or so, basically the leftovers that didn't get sent with payout.
UrbanMiner

Post by UrbanMiner » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:16 am

I have a suggested solution for this as I have also encountered this and was driving my OCD crazy.

Say you want to stop mining a certain coin, set the payout threshold to Max.
Direct your mining effort to this coin in whatever proportions you prefer.
Once you pass the Free threshold, change the proportion on this coin to 0
Wait 2 business days for all the change to stabilize and roll in.
Set payout threshold equal to balance of the coin.
Within 24 hours your balance will be paid out in full and you should not have any more small change rolling in from Prohashing.