Gminer equihash help please

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Alynn

Re: Gminer equihash help please

Post by Alynn » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:32 pm

So I will say when last I did calculations eth was best. However, at the threshold that the Sol/S value was 2.5X the value of the MH/s of Eth it was then more profitable. However that threshold hasn't been crossed in awhile.

Your best bet, run the algo for 24 hours get your average Sol/Hash rate do some math, figure out your ratios.
cryptomined

Post by cryptomined » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:22 pm

SpaceCase418 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 pm It’s nerfed on eth. I was getting 24.3 mh/s. With equihash 144 I atleast get 60+ s/s Thanks for the algo!
Remember that different algos hash at different rates. You cannot compare Ethash rate to Equihash 144_5. That is like comparing apple to oranges.
------------------------------------------------------
The Crypto Mined
https://cryptomined.net
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMHCRY ... 5OAtekY7g
-------------------------------------------------------
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:40 pm

If you want to know how profitable your setup is, you will need to run 12-24 hours in one algo, then the other. Figure out your average hash rate for that Algo, then some quick spreadsheet math and you can figure out when one is more profitable than the other.

For example, as long as Ethash $/Mh/s/Day was 2.4 times greather than $/S/s/day then I stayed Eth, if it went below, and for awhile it did fairly often I would switch. (Note this was for an non-overclocked GPU on my gaming PC, this now is part of the mining rig and is overclocked so all my calcs are no longer valid).

Whattomine can give you a ballpark answer, but to know what YOUR equipment can do will take doing it with the equipment.
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:58 pm

ProSeriesNewb wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:15 am For a single GPU rig is ethash still the most profitable?

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com:3339
yeah depending on the card, and tracking electricity.
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:06 pm

cryptomined wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:22 pm
SpaceCase418 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 pm It’s nerfed on eth. I was getting 24.3 mh/s. With equihash 144 I atleast get 60+ s/s Thanks for the algo!
Remember that different algos hash at different rates. You cannot compare Ethash rate to Equihash 144_5. That is like comparing apple to oranges.
That is what they said. 24.3 Mh/s with Eth 60 Sol/s with 144,5.

1.32 a day on Eth 1.20 or so on 144,5 with current numbers. They are close enough that there is a crossover point in which 144,5 will net more daily profit.

If you want to spit ball it, if the cents per sol per second per day is ever 50% that of Equihash cents/MH/s/day Equihash is going to be more profitable with that card.

The real number is 41ish % or better, 144,5 will be worth more.

If you REALLY wanna get finniky, also keep in mind how much your miner is skimming. Eth on gminer is 0.65%, Equihash is 2%