Gminer equihash help please

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
SpaceCase418

Gminer equihash help please

Post by SpaceCase418 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:03 pm

i've been doing a lot of trial and error getting up to to speed. i cant for the life of me figure out the algo for port 3336. I got 3345 working but am running a nvidia3060 and want it on the more profitable algo. For port 3345 this is my working command line

miner.exe --algo 144_5 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3345 --user SpaceCase418 --pass n= SpaceCapt w=120,p=0.1 --devices 0
pause

what is the algo for equihash? its not equihash as the worker configurator insists. will some one please fix my command line for me so that i can run on port 3336

miner.exe --algo ?????? --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user SpaceCase418 --pass n= SpaceCaptin w=120,p=0.1 --devices 0
pause

thank you
Steven Godshall

Re: Gminer equihash help please

Post by Steven Godshall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 pm

For equihash 144, I believe gminer uses --algo equihash144_5
For regular equihash, I believe gminer uses --algo equihash210_9

Though you may be better off mining Ethash with your GPU
SpaceCase418

Post by SpaceCase418 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 pm

It’s nerfed on eth. I was getting 24.3 mh/s. With equihash 144 I atleast get 60+ s/s Thanks for the algo!
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:47 pm

I too had a lot of trouble getting gminer to do anything other than Etchash since the documentation is really sparse when it comes to what all of the possible arguments are and what they do. After a lot of experimentation, I got this command to work for Equihash using Proswitching and FPPS:

miner.exe --algo 192_7 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user bMeister1 --pass a=equihash

You can add any other additional tweak arguments as necessary but the important parts are the "--algo" "--pers" and "--pass" arguments. Gminer supports four different versions of Equihash and what Prohashing labels as "Equihash" in the Configurator is Equihash 192_7. Gminer seems to prefer using just numbers rather than spelling the whole thing out. For the "--pers" argument, I found that setting it to anything other than "auto" never worked. Lastly, if you plan to use Proswitching, make sure to add the "a=equihash" argument in the "--pass" argument as well.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:02 am

bMeister1 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:47 pm I too had a lot of trouble getting gminer to do anything other than Etchash since the documentation is really sparse when it comes to what all of the possible arguments are and what they do. After a lot of experimentation, I got this command to work for Equihash using Proswitching and FPPS:

miner.exe --algo 192_7 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user bMeister1 --pass a=equihash

You can add any other additional tweak arguments as necessary but the important parts are the "--algo" "--pers" and "--pass" arguments. Gminer supports four different versions of Equihash and what Prohashing labels as "Equihash" in the Configurator is Equihash 192_7. Gminer seems to prefer using just numbers rather than spelling the whole thing out. For the "--pers" argument, I found that setting it to anything other than "auto" never worked. Lastly, if you plan to use Proswitching, make sure to add the "a=equihash" argument in the "--pass" argument as well.
Keep in mind that there are ASICs for the <192, 7> n,k parameters for Equihash now. The ASICs have made that particular set of <n,k> far less profitable than the other <n,k> combinations for Equihash.

If you want to mine Equihash with a GPU, I suggest that you experiment with any of the other combinations of <n,k> that we offer besides <192,7>.
SpaceCase418

Post by SpaceCase418 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am

This is all great information. Is there a list anywhere of all the equihash variants that proswitching does support? So far we have:

144_5
192_7 (asic)
210_9
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:22 pm

I thought I'd give equihash a go to see if it was more profitable than ethash.

I've got gminer going, the output shows jobs being processed and a Sol/s value, and the GPU fan spins up, but I don't get any shares. I'm using an 8GB RX580. The worker shows up in the dashboard but after a minute or so, I get 'A share has not been submitted for the worker.'

I've tried

miner.exe --algo equihash144_5 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user BattleMetalChris --pass n=UpstairsGPUEquihash

and

miner.exe --algo equihash144_5 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user BattleMetalChris --pass a=equihash,n=UpstairsGPUEquihash
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:48 am

BMChris wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:22 pm I thought I'd give equihash a go to see if it was more profitable than ethash.

I've got gminer going, the output shows jobs being processed and a Sol/s value, and the GPU fan spins up, but I don't get any shares. I'm using an 8GB RX580. The worker shows up in the dashboard but after a minute or so, I get 'A share has not been submitted for the worker.'

I've tried

miner.exe --algo equihash144_5 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user BattleMetalChris --pass n=UpstairsGPUEquihash

and

miner.exe --algo equihash144_5 --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3336 --user BattleMetalChris --pass a=equihash,n=UpstairsGPUEquihash
Try putting just "144_5" in the --algo argument with the second command line you have there and see what happens.
ProSeriesNewb

Post by ProSeriesNewb » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:15 am

For a single GPU rig is ethash still the most profitable?

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com:3339
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:29 pm

ProSeriesNewb wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:15 am For a single GPU rig is ethash still the most profitable?

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com:3339
I'm almost certain it still is... though I haven't tried any others other than etc.... I don't know what the threshold to be profitable for GPU vs ASIC..... 300 500 mh/s?