Ethereum PPLNS Block Reward Down after Server updates last night

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
UrbanMiner

Ethereum PPLNS Block Reward Down after Server updates last night

Post by UrbanMiner » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:39 am

Hi,

Can you see what's going on?
It is still the same round, my proportion contributed is in line with what it was before reboot.
Total difficulty and block difficulty similar, but block reward is 2.39 vs 6.36 what it was last night.

Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Ethereum PPLNS Block Reward Down after Server updates last night

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:47 am

We're not aware of the block reward being 6.36 last night. Could you clarify the exact time, down to the second if possible, when you saw that?
UrbanMiner

Post by UrbanMiner » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 am

6 PM PST was still around there. I did not take screenshot, but took one half day prior so yesterday morning.

The block rewards has been 6.36988694 Ethereum for PPLNS for the past 2 weeks at least.

Sorry, wasn't able to embed image into my reply.
https://imgur.com/a/Zw8Lgoy
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:38 pm

UrbanMiner wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:30 am 6 PM PST was still around there. I did not take screenshot, but took one half day prior so yesterday morning.

The block rewards has been 6.36988694 Ethereum for PPLNS for the past 2 weeks at least.

Sorry, wasn't able to embed image into my reply.
https://imgur.com/a/Zw8Lgoy
Until three days ago, the block rewards were around what you suggested. However, transaction fees on the Ethereum network recently fell dramatically, which is also why we reduced the payout thresholds for ERC-20 tokens.

I looked at the database and unfortunately, I'm not finding a time yesterday evening when the transaction fees were that high. Therefore, the earnings were accurate. If someone else can take a screenshot of the next time that issue happens, perhaps there is a mismatch between what the database is recording and what is being published as live data.