Ergo Mining

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Jaiven

Ergo Mining

Post by Jaiven » Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Just curious, are we able to mine Ergo with Prohashing? I ask because Ethash has been so very very low in income this week and with Ergo (ERG) I can double my weekly income as of right now. I would much rather stay with Prohashing during this slump because I love this site.
Banished_Privateer

Re: Ergo Mining

Post by Banished_Privateer » Wed May 19, 2021 12:50 am

I second that, I would love to see Ergo if it's possible. Although I don't think Ethash is low, it's still relatively high profit compared to previous years.
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Wed May 19, 2021 8:16 am

Banished_Privateer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:50 am I second that, I would love to see Ergo if it's possible. Although I don't think Ethash is low, it's still relatively high profit compared to previous years.
Uuhff, I'm new to mining but I would have given up if it was lower than this years ago. Right now I can do 4.30 to 4.60 a day compared to my 6.60 to 10+ last week.
Varlot

Post by Varlot » Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 am

Ergo is pool resistant. There are no pools for Ergo. You can only mine it directly which is explained on their site.
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Wed May 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Jaiven wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:16 am
Banished_Privateer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:50 am I second that, I would love to see Ergo if it's possible. Although I don't think Ethash is low, it's still relatively high profit compared to previous years.
Uuhff, I'm new to mining but I would have given up if it was lower than this years ago. Right now I can do 4.30 to 4.60 a day compared to my 6.60 to 10+ last week.
Mining is a patience game, its a marathon not a sprint. You will make a few hundred a year (depending on equipment) and if you get lucky one of the coins you are holding from your mining hits the moon, and you sell for a big chunk of cash that all you paid for was electricity costs.

I still kick myself for not getting into this earlier. I'd have paid off my house.

----------------

Also it looks like they upgraded it to be minable on pools.

https://github.com/ergoplatform/ergo/wi ... ng-Upgrade
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 pm

Varlot wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 am Ergo is pool resistant. There are no pools for Ergo. You can only mine it directly which is explained on their site.
I've been mining it all week in another pool while i wait for etherium to become more profitable. Which is why I really wish it was minable on here.
Varlot

Post by Varlot » Thu May 20, 2021 7:54 pm

Jaiven wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 pm
Varlot wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:04 am Ergo is pool resistant. There are no pools for Ergo. You can only mine it directly which is explained on their site.
I've been mining it all week in another pool while i wait for etherium to become more profitable. Which is why I really wish it was minable on here.
Oh... but their site directly says there are no pools for it. hahahaha I guess their effort to make it pool resistant went up in smoke.

But how is it more profitable to you? According to whattomine it was more profitable for like 2 days max and by 10 cents or so while ETh varied from 3 to 11 dolars a day. Last week was my most profitable week so far so much that I had 3 days in a row 2,5+x more than my average and 4 with 1,5+x more.

Maybe its your setup or cards you are using that make it more profitable for you.
Ilovecoffee

Post by Ilovecoffee » Fri May 21, 2021 9:58 am

There are a few pools for Ergo, HeroMiners being one of the biggest. I tried it out briefly but found it wasn't profitable.
https://whattomine.com/coins/340-erg-au ... .5&p=590.0

But I came to this thread because I am now wondering if ProHashing will be supporting some other algos like Autolykos or KawPow or CryptoNightGPU once Ethereum switches to Proof-of-Stake... My GPUs will be left with nothing (profitable) to do.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 21, 2021 11:33 am

Ilovecoffee wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:58 am There are a few pools for Ergo, HeroMiners being one of the biggest. I tried it out briefly but found it wasn't profitable.
https://whattomine.com/coins/340-erg-au ... .5&p=590.0

But I came to this thread because I am now wondering if ProHashing will be supporting some other algos like Autolykos or KawPow or CryptoNightGPU once Ethereum switches to Proof-of-Stake... My GPUs will be left with nothing (profitable) to do.
We'll definitely look into those algorithms. That said, I doubt that Ethereum will get to proof-of-stake anytime soon. They've been saying that for three years.
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Fri May 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Varlot wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:54 pm
Jaiven wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 pm
Oh... but their site directly says there are no pools for it. hahahaha I guess their effort to make it pool resistant went up in smoke.

But how is it more profitable to you? According to whattomine it was more profitable for like 2 days max and by 10 cents or so while ETh varied from 3 to 11 dolars a day. Last week was my most profitable week so far so much that I had 3 days in a row 2,5+x more than my average and 4 with 1,5+x more.

Maybe its your setup or cards you are using that make it more profitable for you.
I'm not sure why I was making more. I just know that I was making over 6 dollars a day on the pool I joined and only 3 to 4 dollars a day mining etherium. I only know what gets deposited into my wallet =P.