An explination of GMiner and Algorithm

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Jaiven

An explination of GMiner and Algorithm

Post by Jaiven » Mon May 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Hello,
So I am completely new to the mining world and have learned a ton over the last week by using the forums here along with reading the documentation on Prohashing's website. Though the site is very informative to getting started and how to navigate it, I find either I am missing a major part of the information on the site, or it is lacking explaining how one mines with other algorithms.
If anyone could please explain to me what GMiner can mine for algorithms and if I need to find another miner if I want to help in mining a different coin pool, lets say Neoscrypt for example? If you can explain this to me or point me in the right direction as to where I learn the ropes in this particular area I would greatly appreciate it, as this has become a fun thing for me to do as a hobby of sorts.
Alynn

Re: An explination of GMiner and Algorithm

Post by Alynn » Mon May 10, 2021 5:19 pm

Time to teach someone to fish.

There are a LOT of miners out there. YOu will have to research overall on each one.

https://github.com/develsoftware/GMinerRelease <--- Gminer stuff

If you want to mine something else, your best bet is google what you want to mine, and do some surfing.

Remember here at prohashing unless you really want to focus on PPLNS or Solo mining you can get paid out in any coin they offer. So sure you can mine neoscrypt but why would you want to when ethash pays out so much more?

But to get you started.
Easyminer (many different algorithms)
xmrig (RandomX/Monero)
gminer
bminer

There may be more. But based on my experience, I have gminer for ethash and equihash 144,5 xmrig for Monero. When I started I was using easy miner and going for neoscrypt. It may save you some trial and error time like I had for my first month or so.
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Mon May 10, 2021 7:23 pm

Alynn wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:19 pm
Remember here at prohashing unless you really want to focus on PPLNS or Solo mining you can get paid out in any coin they offer. So sure you can mine neoscrypt but why would you want to when ethash pays out so much more?
Thanks for that info, it cleared up a lot, though I still have a question about this statement. On that status page, currently Qubit and SHA-256 show a profitability higher than Ethash. Wouldn't it make sense to try and mine with those algorithms instead? From what I thought I understood from your response on Proswitching (thank you for that clarification btw) the Proswitching only works with the minable coins within the algorithm correct? As in it won't switch to mining coins in Scrypt and then SHA and so fourth based on what Proswitching deems is more bang for my buck, just within the mineable coins within the algorithm?
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Mon May 10, 2021 11:25 pm

Yes within the algorithm.

Lets do some math. Right now it shows Sha256 has a profitablity of about 30 cents per Terahash. That is one MILLION Megahashes a second to get 30 cents a day.

Ethhash is 22 center per Megahash/day.

Some algorithms and coins are only minable by powerful ASIC devices, and mining them with GPU and CPU will actually lose you money as you will pay more for electricity than get paid out.

Each algo will have a different hash rate on your devices as well. For example. I get about 200 Sols/S with Equihash 144,5, and about 70 Megahash per second for Ethash. Doing the math, that is 15 dollars a day from Ethash, and 10 for Equihash 144,5.

A few days ago equihash was around 7 cents, and Ethash was at 9 cents. 14/day equihash and 6.3 dollars ethash.

I like to watch my numbers, and working from home means I can do so right now. If you want to set and forget, Set to ethash and you will probably do well for quite some time. And right now with Etherium on a bull run 20+ cents a MH is really good right now.
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Tue May 11, 2021 8:08 am

Alynn wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:25 pm Yes within the algorithm.

Lets do some math. Right now it shows Sha256 has a profitablity of about 30 cents per Terahash. That is one MILLION Megahashes a second to get 30 cents a day.

Ethhash is 22 center per Megahash/day.

Some algorithms and coins are only minable by powerful ASIC devices, and mining them with GPU and CPU will actually lose you money as you will pay more for electricity than get paid out.

Each algo will have a different hash rate on your devices as well. For example. I get about 200 Sols/S with Equihash 144,5, and about 70 Megahash per second for Ethash. Doing the math, that is 15 dollars a day from Ethash, and 10 for Equihash 144,5.

A few days ago equihash was around 7 cents, and Ethash was at 9 cents. 14/day equihash and 6.3 dollars ethash.

I like to watch my numbers, and working from home means I can do so right now. If you want to set and forget, Set to ethash and you will probably do well for quite some time. And right now with Etherium on a bull run 20+ cents a MH is really good right now.
Thanks Alynn,
What I was missing there was the differences of Terahash, Megahash and so fourth on the front page in terms of figuring out potential profit. Normally I'd research this stuff all on my own given my background is Library Science but I am currently at home taking care of a newborn so your assistance is greatly appreciated since time is in short supply for me right now. I do believe you are correct, Ethash is probably the best for my limited time at the computer until things normalize a little more in my life and then I can really dig into how everything works in the mining field.