Proswitching question

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Jaiven

Proswitching question

Post by Jaiven » Sun May 09, 2021 11:04 pm

Hello, I am a bit confused with Proswitching and tried looking in the forums but didn't find a clear answer. I saw in a previous post someone stated Gminer is for ethash and equihash variant coins. So of I have c= omitted from mine_eth.bit does Proswitching enabled mine the eth and variant coins only? I ask because on the documentation page it is vague enough to make it sound like it switches to any coin which from what I was reading about these different algorithms would be bad based on your setup and what miner you are running. I'm just trying to make sure I am using Proswitching properly and to its full potential.

TLDR: I don't have "c=" in mine_eth.bat and only use=[worker name] like the tutorial tells me to. Am I doing it right for Proswitching?
Alynn

Re: Proswitching question

Post by Alynn » Mon May 10, 2021 7:09 am

Proswitching doesn't change algorithms. So if you are setup for equihash you can swap between whatever equihash. Ethash only has one coin, so it's just that coin.

--algo ethash --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3339 --user username --pass n=[Worker-Name],l=[RAM in GB]

this should be the minimum you need for ethash. Note you don't HAVE to set l, but for ethash it is better that you do.
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Mon May 10, 2021 7:47 am

Alynn wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:09 am Proswitching doesn't change algorithms. So if you are setup for equihash you can swap between whatever equihash. Ethash only has one coin, so it's just that coin.

--algo ethash --pers auto --server prohashing.com:3339 --user username --pass n=[Worker-Name],l=[RAM in GB]

this should be the minimum you need for ethash. Note you don't HAVE to set l, but for ethash it is better that you do.
Thank you Alynn,
What is the --pers auto command?
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Mon May 10, 2021 7:53 am

Sorry I should have removed that. It hurts nothing but is actually for equihash
Jaiven

Post by Jaiven » Mon May 10, 2021 4:27 pm

No worries and thank you for the help.