Hashrate on miner vs. Prohashing

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Two_2s

Hashrate on miner vs. Prohashing

Post by Two_2s » Thu May 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Hi All,

I am sure this has been asked before but why is the hashrate always lower on your dashboard than it is on the actual miner's? My miners web GUI and Hiveon numbers are always within a half TH but Prohashing consistently has them 8-10 TH below their actual output? I have three T17's and below is the actual output on the miner GUI and hiveon dashboard's vs your site #'s

Miner 1 55.48 vs 44.88
Miner 2 56.30 vs 50.28
Miner 3 51.90 vs 48.48

I have a screenshot side by side but can't attach it for some reason..
Alynn

Re: Hashrate on miner vs. Prohashing

Post by Alynn » Thu May 06, 2021 7:01 pm

I put in a ticket about this. So here is how I understand it

Basically your miners KNOW what they are doing as they are the one doing it.

Prohashing can only guess based upon how quickly you are turning in shares, and it recalculates that every so often.

If you look at the past 24 hours of your hashrate on your charts you will likely find that the average for all that is pretty close to what your miners are reporting.