AWS EC2 Linux with BFG Miner - No Jobs

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
frazmojazz

AWS EC2 Linux with BFG Miner - No Jobs

Post by frazmojazz » Thu May 06, 2021 10:35 am

Hello all,

I am having some trouble getting started although currently mining via my PC at the moment successfully with GMiner.

I have an AWS EC2 Linux Ubuntu Xeniel, NVidia GPU running BFGMiner. I have tried many pool sites, many algorithms but just never receive any jobs.

Currently using URL:stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333, password: a=scrypt. I have tried many others with no success.

My prohashing workers are reported on the dashboard. The one connected to my PC is running away fine, the one connected to my server in AWS is awaiting first share.

The following messages repeat:
[2021-05-06 14:27:56] Network difficulty changed to 176k ( 1.26T)
[2021-05-06 14:27:56] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

Assuming that it might take a while to receive jobs I left it over night but no success. While the PC picked them up in minutes.

Should I have specific inbound rules to allow for BFGMiner/Prohashing?

Any support would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Steve Sokolowski

Re: AWS EC2 Linux with BFG Miner - No Jobs

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu May 06, 2021 10:46 am

frazmojazz wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:35 am Hello all,

I am having some trouble getting started although currently mining via my PC at the moment successfully with GMiner.

I have an AWS EC2 Linux Ubuntu Xeniel, NVidia GPU running BFGMiner. I have tried many pool sites, many algorithms but just never receive any jobs.

Currently using URL:stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333, password: a=scrypt. I have tried many others with no success.

My prohashing workers are reported on the dashboard. The one connected to my PC is running away fine, the one connected to my server in AWS is awaiting first share.

The following messages repeat:
[2021-05-06 14:27:56] Network difficulty changed to 176k ( 1.26T)
[2021-05-06 14:27:56] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

Assuming that it might take a while to receive jobs I left it over night but no success. While the PC picked them up in minutes.

Should I have specific inbound rules to allow for BFGMiner/Prohashing?

Any support would be appreciated.

Kind regards
My understanding of EC2 is that you're trying to mine scrypt with a GPU. If that's true, then scrypt has long since been overtaken by powerful ASICs that are specifically created to outperform GPUs. You won't find any shares with a GPU using scrypt at the default difficulty.

If you want to mine with a GPU, I suggest mining ethash, or etchash if you have a GPU with lower than 4GB of memory.
frazmojazz

Re: AWS EC2 Linux with BFG Miner - No Jobs

Post by frazmojazz » Thu May 06, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks Steve, the GPU should have about 8GB of VRAM, I will try and focus on ethash and see if I can pick up some jobs. Thanks