stuck on ZCash Equihash [First round] for 2 days

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
frostminer

stuck on ZCash Equihash [First round] for 2 days

Post by frostminer » Tue May 04, 2021 10:44 pm

the mining page on prohashing is stuck saying the first round for zcash is ongoing?

Its been the same since two days, reward proportion increases slightly every hour.

Is this behavior expected ?? Please help ...

mining - zcash
pplns
equihash

-frost
Alynn

Re: stuck on ZCash Equihash [First round] for 2 days

Post by Alynn » Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 am

Yes.

PPLNS works by going until a block is found. If no block is found, it just keeps going. Reward % is how much you have put into the search for this block.

Current luck is 59,202,786.60 % You shouldn't expect anything until that goes much closer to 100%
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 05, 2021 8:48 am

Nobody has been mining PPLNS for the coin ZCash until you started mining it.

ZCash is a difficult coin, so if nobody else joins you, you should expect that it will take a long time for a block to be found. That said, the work you already put in will cause you to be paid when a block is found, even if you don't continue PPLNS mining.

If you want to be paid immediately, you can switch to FPPS mining, which is the default, and you'll be paid for every share you find.
mdkx96

Post by mdkx96 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:01 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:48 am Nobody has been mining PPLNS for the coin ZCash until you started mining it.

ZCash is a difficult coin, so if nobody else joins you, you should expect that it will take a long time for a block to be found. That said, the work you already put in will cause you to be paid when a block is found, even if you don't continue PPLNS mining.

If you want to be paid immediately, you can switch to FPPS mining, which is the default, and you'll be paid for every share you find.
I am mining Ethash in PPLNS and I have not received anything.
How long does it take to receive?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue May 25, 2021 9:00 am

mdkx96 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:01 am
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:48 am Nobody has been mining PPLNS for the coin ZCash until you started mining it.

I am mining Ethash in PPLNS and I have not received anything.
How long does it take to receive?
In PPLNS mode, you'll earn money once the pool finds a block. However, there haven't been any Ethereum blocks found yet. Once one is found, you'll receive payment.
mdkx96

Post by mdkx96 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:46 pm

what is the current luck of Ethereum ?? How do I know how much is missing? %?
How favorable is the PPNS method?
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 pm

mdkx96 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:46 pm what is the current luck of Ethereum ?? How do I know how much is missing? %?
You can easily see that on the status page.

Currently we are sitting at about 208% luck, which means we've put in about half of the total hash power for the difficulty.
mdkx96

Post by mdkx96 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Alynn wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 pm
mdkx96 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:46 pm what is the current luck of Ethereum ?? How do I know how much is missing? %?
You can easily see that on the status page.

Currently we are sitting at about 208% luck, which means we've put in about half of the total hash power for the difficulty.
how long on average does it take to finish a round ?? Is PPLNS worth it? are the profits bigger or little difference?
I always use PPS + OR FPPS! Plus the profits are well below, PPLNS seems to be more profitable.
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Tue May 25, 2021 6:54 pm

It depends on how many people are hashing in that mode, and how much you are putting in relative to that. I really suggest you read the information posted on this site that explains all of it.