Server timings (EU vs main)

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Banished_Privateer

Server timings (EU vs main)

Post by Banished_Privateer » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Can anyone explain why on European (eu) server I get ~227ms timings and on main server ~173ms? I am from Poland and should get better pings from Central/Eastern European servers and I feel like the numbers should be around 50-100ms range anyway.
Banished_Privateer

Re: Server timings (EU vs main)

Post by Banished_Privateer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Any update on that or should I open a ticket? I would like to hear from other users as well and see if that's issue on my end (ISP or different matter) or everyone is affected by this. Helpful information would be to share your times from both eu server and default. You can also mention your location so it makes more sense.

Personally I've stopped using EU server since it had longer times.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:59 am

Banished_Privateer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:46 pm Any update on that or should I open a ticket? I would like to hear from other users as well and see if that's issue on my end (ISP or different matter) or everyone is affected by this. Helpful information would be to share your times from both eu server and default. You can also mention your location so it makes more sense.

Personally I've stopped using EU server since it had longer times.
Unfortunately, this issue may be caused by the way the VPN is configured to transmit data to the main database near Philadelphia. For security reasons, we do not want copies of wallets on the remote servers, so some data has to be transmitted back and forth.

The solution is to duplicate more programs on both servers, like mining servers, coin daemons, and so on. The ideal situation would be if there were two exact copies of the system. If there were two copies, then that would cost a lot to maintain, there would be a high probability of theft because we don't control the physical hardware in Europe, and we would still need to wait for the Philadelphia server to send information about which coins to assign, because all servers need to have an overall idea of how the mining is assigned to make sure we don't 51% attack smaller networks.

I'll talk with Chris about how this situation might be improved, but it's possible that we might decide not to take action, given how so many pools and exchanges have been forced to close due to not physically controlling hardware with valuable data on it.
Belloalkaleri

Post by Belloalkaleri » Mon May 01, 2023 7:27 am

I've just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd help you out with your ping issue. While I'm not sure of the exact reason why you're experiencing higher ping on the EU server, it could be due to a variety of factors such as server location, network congestion, or even your internet connection. However, if you're looking for a faster and more reliable server, you might want to check out ishosting.com/en/vps. They offer some pretty impressive VPS hosting plans that could potentially improve your ping and overall server performance. Plus, their website is super easy to navigate and has all the important details you need to make an informed decision.