Trying to get a clear understanding of solo please...

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
chasran01

Trying to get a clear understanding of solo please...

Post by chasran01 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:13 pm

Greetings,

I've got decent enough hardware to go after LTC solo, however, I'm curious as to the solo luck / %'s...

For instance, do I gain that higher percentage to get an LTC block by sticking with the same solo pool, even if I have to restart, but stick with the same pool? I'm calculating ~26% chance in 30 days of finding a block with my miners currently, but if I turn them to another pool, do I lose a progress % with Prohash for that monthly % I was building towards?

Clear as mud? That's what I'm trying to figure out...
Does my sticking it out with one pool increase my chances of that LTC block because of what I've put into it (albeit solo), and if I disconnect, or leave that pool, does that counter completely reset?

I've heard stories of solo miners watching different pools, but wondering why they would redirect their resources towards a higher luck pool for a bit and leave one, if their counter resets - if there is even a counter to begin with??

Or everything aside, does the calculator say "hey, at your current rate, you should average ~26% chance over a month to find a block, doesn't matter where you go. Thanks so much in advance to help me understand that. Stay safe everyone and happy mining!
TheWhispers

Re: Trying to get a clear understanding of solo please...

Post by TheWhispers » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:22 pm

When it comes to chances of finding a block, there is absolutely no foolproof measurement of luck or block find rate. You could score 2 blocks in a day on your first week, and then not see a single one for 4 months, then the day after that get a block every other day for a few days. Even mining altcoins, unless you got some serious firepower it'll usually be more profitable to do a different payout method. Just my 2 cent

The inconsistency of solo mining makes me nervous about my electrical and hardware investment. I like to see it grow, so I could be biased.
chasran01

Re: Trying to get a clear understanding of solo please...

Post by chasran01 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:04 pm

I appreciate your feedback very much - thanks for replying. Stay safe and happy mining! :-)