PPLNS trying to understand a Mixed Pool

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Guchdog

PPLNS trying to understand a Mixed Pool

Post by Guchdog » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:29 pm

I like PPLNS normally but I like to know what I'm getting myself into. I'm confused about joining a mixed pool that does SOLO, PPS and PPLNS. How does that really work?
  • Is my percentage of based on entire pool or just the PPLNS shares?
  • When a block is mined from PPS miner do PPLNS get a reward?
  • How do I see the history of blocks that were mined for specific coin?
Guchdog

Re: PPLNS trying to understand a Mixed Pool

Post by Guchdog » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:28 pm

The more I look at the stats. It has to be everything is separate which is great. But the numbers for my percentage of share and estimated rewards looked too good. I'm guessing I'm close to mining solo on Ethereum PPLNS. I can't find the hash rate of the ETH PPLNS pool. It looks like the entire pool is running at 10.8GH/s. Sigh, wasted a day of mining.
solarminer

Post by solarminer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:38 pm

I did pplns with a few machines on digibyte but it really seems to pay better to just stick with the proswitching.
Guchdog

Post by Guchdog » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:08 pm

That is why I like PPLNS in the long run it has better payoff. I don't mind the swings but I also don't want to be mining Ethereum by myself in a PPLNS pool. It would take years to get a reward for me.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:05 pm

solarminer wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:38 pm I did pplns with a few machines on digibyte but it really seems to pay better to just stick with the proswitching.
You'll never make any more money by static mining a single coin. That's the reason that Proswitching exists - to switch to a more profitable coin when Digibyte isn't as profitable.
cryptomined

Post by cryptomined » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:28 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:05 pm
solarminer wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:38 pm I did pplns with a few machines on digibyte but it really seems to pay better to just stick with the proswitching.
You'll never make any more money by static mining a single coin. That's the reason that Proswitching exists - to switch to a more profitable coin when Digibyte isn't as profitable.
I'm having a hard time believing that we are making more profit mining BitcoinZ (BTCZ) instead of Bitcoin Gold (BTG), especially given that BTG is now 139% up from one week go. I understand we will hit fewer blocks mining BTG and might not hit one block in one day given our current hashrate, but when we do, it will make up for time without a block. Can I get an explination as to why we mine a less profitable coin almost to exclusion of the other two on the Equihash 144_5 algo?
------------------------------------------------------
The Crypto Mined
https://cryptomined.net
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMHCRY ... 5OAtekY7g
-------------------------------------------------------
Steven Godshall

Post by Steven Godshall » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:22 pm

cryptomined wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:28 am
I'm having a hard time believing that we are making more profit mining BitcoinZ (BTCZ) instead of Bitcoin Gold (BTG), especially given that BTG is now 139% up from one week go. I understand we will hit fewer blocks mining BTG and might not hit one block in one day given our current hashrate, but when we do, it will make up for time without a block. Can I get an explination as to why we mine a less profitable coin almost to exclusion of the other two on the Equihash 144_5 algo?
It turns out for some obscure reason, STEX reports a 10x inflated price for its BTCZ_BTC market, causing incorrect profitability for BTCZ. This market was only recently enabled on the pool for a few days. The issue is now resolved, though Chris may have to do share corrections for Equihash-144_5 miners and for people earning payouts in BTCZ during the affected timeframe.
https://app.stex.com/en/trade/pair/BTC/BTCZ
cryptomined

Post by cryptomined » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:19 am

Steven Godshall wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:22 pm
cryptomined wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:28 am

It turns out for some obscure reason, STEX reports a 10x inflated price for its BTCZ_BTC market, causing incorrect profitability for BTCZ. This market was only recently enabled on the pool for a few days. The issue is now resolved, though Chris may have to do share corrections for Equihash-144_5 miners and for people earning payouts in BTCZ during the affected timeframe.
https://app.stex.com/en/trade/pair/BTC/BTCZ
Thank you, Sir. I will bring my rig back.
------------------------------------------------------
The Crypto Mined
https://cryptomined.net
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMHCRY ... 5OAtekY7g
-------------------------------------------------------