Miners not generating any shares

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
vossenv

Miners not generating any shares

Post by vossenv » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:20 am

Hello

I'm returning to mining after something like 8 years, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've configured 2 cards via ccminer, doing merged mining for dogecoin.

Cards are running combined around 1 MH/s according to their output, but after about 1 hour and 20 minutes the dashboard still shows no activity. Perhaps I am just impatient? I don't want to sit here hashing away for nothing! ;)

No shares are being generated at all

Last edited by vossenv on Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
vossenv

Re: Miners showing 0 MH/s

Post by vossenv » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:31 am

Edit: nvm, I think my expectations of shares were skewed by a smaller pool. I'm guessing it might take days at this rate
Steven Godshall

Re: Miners not generating any shares

Post by Steven Godshall » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:34 pm

Yea, Scrypt is generally dominated by ASICS so a GPU rig with just 1MH could possibly take days before finding a share.

With GPU's you may wish to consider a more GPU friendly algorithm like Ethash or Etchash.
Netspark

Re: Miners not generating any shares

Post by Netspark » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:03 am

It might be of the same topic.

Also mining with a GPU miner showing me good values though onj the prohashing dashboard there's no single share visible at all?

Mining rate is about 800 Mhash/s and there are already 400+ shares accepted according to the mining GUI. SO I wonder if there's some configuration error although the prohashing site is properly recognizing my workers...