Struggling to mine ETH

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Adept

Struggling to mine ETH

Post by Adept » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:38 pm

I've been farming RVN for a long time but decided to switch to ETH. Spent something like 4 hours banging my head trying to figure out which miner to use and the specific syntax each requires. I thought I finally got it working with Claymore but every time my machine finds a share, it's rejected. 100% of the time.

I see posts about other coins having difficulties. Is this related or am I just doing something wrong with the syntax?

I've tried dozens of variants but this seems to work best:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -esm 3 -ewal MyUser -allpools 1 -epsw "n=MyWorker"
(obviously I replaced MyUser and MyWorks with the actual names)

After 3 failed share submissions I get:
Eth: GPU2: ETH share found!
Eth: Share actual difficulty: 318.0 GH (!)
Eth: Share rejected in 89 ms
Eth: 3 consecutive shares rejected by the pool
Eth: Reconnecting in 5 seconds...
Unable to submit ethash share - pool disconnected
Would love some feedback if anyone gets a moment.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Struggling to mine ETH

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 pm

The ETH daemon is currently disconnecting for an unknown reason.

Vance has been troubleshooting the issue, but we don't know when the problem will be resolved at this time. He plans to continue work on it tomorrow.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:55 am

It turns out that the database had Ethereum Classic defined as the anchor coin for the ethash algorithm, so when ethash miners were directed to connect to it, they would disconnect after receiving invalid work.

This issue has been resolved, and Ethereum mining has resumed as normal.
Adept

Post by Adept » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Woohoo! Success! Thank you both very much!
TheWhispers

Post by TheWhispers » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:55 am It turns out that the database had Ethereum Classic defined as the anchor coin for the ethash algorithm, so when ethash miners were directed to connect to it, they would disconnect after receiving invalid work.

This issue has been resolved, and Ethereum mining has resumed as normal.
I was about to make a thread about this. I came to check on my two 5700xt and it said I got disconnected by prohashing despite no errors or hiccups reported on my logs/miner and prohash. It just said I was disconnected remotely by prohash.

So happy it doesn't seem to be me! Thanks for being so active in the forums. I really like this miningpool, a lot look really shady and untrustworthy. Beautiful website with easy tools, it's not a small pool but it's not big either. I really want to buckle down and mine here, just keep making it better. Loading in a 10 GPU rig of 5500xt rx570 and 5600xt on top of these 2 5700xt churning 130-150mh/s at night between the two.

Do you think I'd really benefit from pplns over the default payout with this hardware strictly mining ethereum? These are gonna be 24/7 rigs im doing at home with this cheap rural electricity. So far I've not had a single rejected or suboptimal share after mining for 3 days straight on these 2 5700xt. And I don't know how to monitor the luck of my miner :lol: but I'd be happy to for the good of the pool.

I really like this place. I like how it's not insanely popular but shows integrity.