Prohashing Exchange Rates

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mrhashem

Prohashing Exchange Rates

Post by mrhashem » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:49 am

Hi everyone

I wanted to talk about something for a long time and now I decided to make this post. I don't have bad intentions and all I want is to give feedback and get answers because I really like Prohashing and want to make progress in the mining world.

It's about Prohashing exchange rates. I mine Equihash with profit switching. So the pool takes a 4% fee and I'm ok with that. But when I saw the exchange rates on all Equihash coins for about 1 month, I found out the exchange rate is terrible and NOT GOOD!
And I'm a verified miner with "Trusted Mining" which gives me a 10% more on that, but exchange rates are 10% below the market rates!
(for Prohashing admins my user account is: mrhashem2)

This is Not Good...

In these images below you can see some of these rates relative to Binance rates (and many many other examples):
(open images in new tab for higher resolution)

ZEC/BTC :
Screenshot = Image
Chart = Image

---

KMD / BTC :
Screenshot = Image
Chart = Image

---

ZEN / BTC :
Screenshot = Image
Chart = Image

Unfortunately, after these, I must go to another pool until these terrible exchange rates are fixed.

Thanks for reading,
Sincerely,
Hashem
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Prohashing Exchange Rates

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:20 am

I'm going to ask Chris to review this post and get back to you later in the day.

At first glance, though, the charts you show have high volatility. When there is an enormous increase like what happened in the last chart, the system will be conservative with its exchange rates for an hour or two, especially if the orderbook is thin, which is often the case for smaller coins like ZEN. As you can see, in this case, the coin crashed right back to where it was before, which is what often happens after these huge rises.
mrhashem

Post by mrhashem » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Yes. Markets are volatile.

But 10% is very very High !
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:15 am

Thanks for the report.

This issue was resolved. It turns out that the system was incorrectly double-counting deductions that lower profitability, like orphan rates, for some algorithms. Chris corrected the issue and now the system is reducing profitability for those issues by the correct amount.

The change is effective immediately.
mrhashem

Post by mrhashem » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:52 am

Thanks.

Started Mining again.