Ethash Algo Coins that are in error & potential for 4gb gpu miners

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mstrozier

Ethash Algo Coins that are in error & potential for 4gb gpu miners

Post by mstrozier » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:06 pm

Evening. I have noticed that we have many coins still in error under the Ethash algo. I understand PH now has new members hired on which is great so hopefully some of these will be corrected soon. But also wanted to update you guys that it seems by early April 4gb GPU's and E3 Asic mining rigs will no longer be able to mine ETH. And I believe already in some cases already can't mine ETC. There are some lower end coins that are still worth mining at least by GPU is QuarkChain (I put a ticket out a while back to get this coin added if possible), but also Ellaism, Pirl, Ether-1 and Expanse (already have a ticket out on Expanse being worked on). Some of these coins could possible offer decent returns for these now outdated gpu's / Asic rigs. So that they can remain in operations verses going completely offline or shifting to other pools. Can these be added for review in getting corrected / updated?

Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Ethash Algo Coins that are in error & potential for 4gb gpu miners

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:30 am

The biggest problem right now with these coins is that the exchange STEX is offline because they changed their API without notifying anyone. The only exchange that accepts US customers where many of these coins are traded is STEX. Steven is working on getting STEX back to normal operation, and I hope that will be done by the end of the week.

Once Steven has STEX back online, then some of these errors will be resolved and then we can figure out which are still remaining.

Right now, the Ethash ASICS problem doesn't affect us because E3 miners do not allow auto-switching, and therefore they are assigned to ETH automatically, and ETH is not affected yet. When the change arrives, we can switch the auto-assignment of E3 miners to a different coin.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Ethash Algo Coins that are in error & potential for 4gb gpu miners

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:24 am

I also looked into some of the other coins. While Expanse is a coin we want to get running, there are a few coins that are unlikely to provide significant income to customers. For example, Ethergem has a total market capitalization of just $75,000, so even if we somehow obtained enough hashrate to mine 10% of the network's existing coins over the next year, we would only profit $375 for an entire year's worth of mining. It would cost more than that simply to get the coin operational and to pay for bandwidth, disk space, and power.

You shouldn't necessarily look at every coin as one that would be worth trying to fix. Some of these coins will probably remain as payout only, but I'll look into fixing as many as are reasonably possible.